Jeremy Pruitt “Eat Crow” Thread

VolFreakJosh

“Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!”
I’d like a serving of Crow to go please with an extra side of “I was wrong.”

I’d like to apologize for having an negative outlook when Jeremy Pruitt was officially announced.

There was a handful of coaching candidates that I would have loved to see in Knoxville.

Obviously Fulmer hired a guy that he thinks is the best interest for UT Football.

After listening to Pruitt’s press conference, seeing the elite staff he’s already assembled, and building relationships with high school kids in a short period of time, is very impressive.

Pruitt sounds & acts like an actual football coach without all the annoying cliches and constant BS.

I honestly feel like this Hire is different compared to the last two previous hires. When you’ve been down for so long having gone through Butch & Dooley, you’re going to be somewhat cautious about who the Administration is going to hire next.

Pruitt wasn’t my first choice but I’m feeling more optimistic and confident heading into next season.

I think me & every other poster who disagreed with the Pruitt hire, should take a step back and actually appreciate what he’s trying to build here.

He may or may not work out in the future, nobody knows for sure. But he deserves our support and a chance to see what he can do with this football team.

If you’re feeling guilty and need to admit you was wrong about this hire, this is the thread for you.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 66 people

I’d like to apologize for having an negative outlook when Jeremy Pruitt was officially announced.

There was a handful of coaching candidates that I would have loved to see in Knoxville.

Obviously Fulmer hired a guy that he thinks is the best interest for UT Football.

After listening to Pruitt’s press conference, seeing the elite staff he’s already assembled, and building relationships with high school kids in a short period of time, is very impressive.

Pruitt sounds & acts like an actual football coach without all the annoying cliches and constant BS.

I honestly feel like this Hire is different compared to the last two previous hires. When you’ve been down for so long having gone through Butch & Dooley, you’re going to be somewhat cautious about who the Administration is going to hire next.

Pruitt wasn’t my first choice but I’m feeling more optimistic and confident heading into next season.

I think me & every other poster who disagreed with the Pruitt hire, should take a step back and actually appreciate what he’s trying to build here.

He may or may not work out in the future, nobody knows for sure. But he deserves our support and a chance to see what he can do with this football team.

If you’re feeling guilty and need to admit you was wrong about this hire, this is the thread for you.

Go Vols!

He's been here a week. The hires and recruiting mean nothing yet. We've been there and done that and bought a t-shirt.

Just win.

Reactions: 18 people

Go Vols!

That's very big of you to say, now get your other Grudenites buddies to come in here and say that.

Squint reminded me that you were balls deep in Gruden mania

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
He could be another Dabo or another Muschamp. He has done everything right so far but so did Butch when he started. Everybody ate up that brick by brick shiz. It's fine to be cautiously optimistic. Just see how it plays out.

Reactions: 3 people
I understand where you're coming from, Josh. I am indifferent on coach Prove-it right now. Gotta see a couple years of on-the-field product before I get excited or apathetic.

Reactions: 8 people
He could be another Dabo or another Muschamp. He has done everything right so far but so did Butch when he started. Everybody ate up that brick by brick shiz. It's fine to be cautiously optimistic. Just see how it plays out.

The only difference (a big one) is Pruitt has actually been around a lot of success in this conference as a coordinator. Lyle and Doofus couldn’t touch Pruitt’s resume at the time they were hired.

Reactions: 1 person
I think I'll wait until he gets a signature win or two before I declare him the resurrection of a dead Bear. Been down that path too many times.

Reactions: 2 people
Way too early to eat crow, but the best thing for everyone to do is support the coach and team. Our recruiting could benefit from an injection of positive in the program.

That's very big of you to say, now if we can get the Grudenites to come in here and say that.

i was a grudenite ... full bore.
never again. no hard feelings, but never again.

that said, just because i hoped he'd be our next coach, does not mean i am not rational towards the actual hire.

i think he's probably the best x's and o's guy since kiffin.
the best recruiter since fulmer.

the staff he's assembling is impressive.
if some juco's come in and pan out and strength and conditioning improves the injury front, business could pick up first season.

giving him the benefit of the doubt just like did dooley and butch. he's our coach and deserves that much.
:hi:

Reactions: 5 people
rah rah sis boom bah !!!!

Thread is not so subtle cheer leading. As others have said, the issue is winning. Had CBJ, with all of his coachspeak, nonetheless won, you'd have loved him. So quit pretending that someone else must be good because he doesn't do the same things that annoyed you about someone else.

Win or gtfo.

Reactions: 6 people
I like it OP. The best thing we can do is get behind this hire and hope to better our program. It’s really the only thing we can do. Time will tell.

Pruitt First Year Milestones of Measurement
1. Recruiting. He obviously started off way way behind. But he is showing up in the right places and gaining a little traction. We will know in early February.
2. Strength and Conditioning. This is a huge area and we have seen what neglecting this aspect can mean for roster depth. The Power T needs to return to standing for Toughness.
3. Coaching Staff. There is a strong correlation between surrounding himself with talented coaches and winning.
4. Public Face. We don't need a huckster going to state fairs. A solid social presence and an approachable personality go a long way for a coach.
5. Disciplined team. No off-field issues. Period.
6. Winning Cures All. It is going to be a tough year on the field for the first year HC. A bowl game invite would mark an improvement and meeting expectation. A win between September 22 and October 20 would be unexpectedly awesome.

Reactions: 3 people
I like the direction he's headed in. Not ready to call success but what I've seen so far has me feeling good again about the program. Let's wait to see the product in the spring and then next season before claiming victory.

The Staff that CJP is bringing in is very encouraging and should lead to signing some studs sooner rather than later. I am on board for sure. Just win!

Last edited:
That's very big of you to say, now if we can get the Grudenites to come in here and say that.

He was a Grudenite, balls deep in fact. Can the rest of us say - "Told ya!" - when the carousel music starts playing and the horses start moving up and down? Most everyone here has a strong love and devotion to UT, but many expect to be rewarded for their overzealous ambition and contributions of hard-earned money that keep it afloat. We all want Pruitt to succeed, but we also have a track record at our disposal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Pruitt is a winner, he's won everywhere he's been. He's a straight-up football coach in mostly all facets of the game...he'll get the HC stuff down w/ Fulmer's support.

VN Store

Back