3372 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Jeremy Pruitt “Eat Crow” Thread Page 5. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 12-14-2017, 07:46 AM   #61
SteelerVol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Vol1321 View Post
He's been here a week. The hires and recruiting mean nothing yet. We've been there and done that and bought a t-shirt.

Just win.
"Just Win" is right but until then he sure acts like he could play a college football coach on TV.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-14-2017, 08:40 AM   #62
Doyle Hargraves
Live til you die

Just why would anyone need to be eating crow at this point?
Not saying it will never happen but as of right now, he's done nothing to warrant a feast of crow.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-14-2017, 12:25 PM   #63
WestTnHawk
Black, Orange, & White

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolFreakJosh View Post
I’d like a serving of Crow to go please with an extra side of “I was wrong.”

I’d like to apologize for having an negative outlook when Jeremy Pruitt was officially announced.

There was a handful of coaching candidates that I would have loved to see in Knoxville.

Obviously Fulmer hired a guy that he thinks is the best interest for UT Football.

After listening to Pruitt’s press conference, seeing the elite staff he’s already assembled, and building relationships with high school kids in a short period of time, is very impressive.

Pruitt sounds & acts like an actual football coach without all the annoying cliches and constant BS.

I honestly feel like this Hire is different compared to the last two previous hires. When you’ve been down for so long having gone through Butch & Dooley, you’re going to be somewhat cautious about who the Administration is going to hire next.

Pruitt wasn’t my first choice but I’m feeling more optimistic and confident heading into next season.

I think me & every other poster who disagreed with the Pruitt hire, should take a step back and actually appreciate what he’s trying to build here.

He may or may not work out in the future, nobody knows for sure. But he deserves our support and a chance to see what he can do with this football team.

If you’re feeling guilty and need to admit you was wrong about this hire, this is the thread for you.

Go Vols!
I think I'll stand firm. Dude hasn't even coached a game yet. If he bests Florida, I'll be on board.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-14-2017, 01:45 PM   #64
Tnmitch

Go vols
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-14-2017, 04:57 PM   #65
AM64

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer81tn View Post
Very well said. I don't understand why so many people are ready to condemn Pruitt as a failure when he's not had a sniff of a chance to prove himself? He's put together a really good staff so far, he knows what a winning team should look like, as does Fulmer, and the former players are on board and excited about coach Pruitt. That's good enough for me. Georgia was willing to take a chance on a coordinator when they had much more to lose at the time than we do now. When Kirby was hired at Georgia, there was still a chance the players wouldn't buy in and they could have bottomed out, but instead, they rebounded strong in the second year. I know Smart had a better roster than we did, but that's why I said they had more to lose. We are already about as low as it can get. But I do think it's important for Tennessee to have a 7-5 type season or better next year, if we are to gain momentum and make a rebound like Smart and Georgia did. There will always be big questions around hiring first time coaches, but that doesn't mean all is lost. Guys like Fulmer and Swinney weren't born coaches, but they knew the game to the extent that they could win at a high level. Some will argue that Fulmer couldn't win at a high level consistently, but in relation to where we are now, you'd have to be in idiot to say that he doesn't deserve to be mentioned as one of the Greats. I believe that Jeremy Pruitt is cut from that same cloth.
Tennessee football has had a bit of experience with first time coaches - mostly positive; names like Neyland, Dickey, and Fulmer come to mind. Battle not so much; but with that kind of history, we'd be fools not to keep an open mind. The coaches proven elsewhere (or maybe not) haven't done nearly as well.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-14-2017, 05:02 PM   #66
EweTVol

Meh
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-14-2017, 05:16 PM   #67
GoVols64

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolFreakJosh View Post
I’d like a serving of Crow to go please with an extra side of “I was wrong.”

I’d like to apologize for having an negative outlook when Jeremy Pruitt was officially announced.

There was a handful of coaching candidates that I would have loved to see in Knoxville.

Obviously Fulmer hired a guy that he thinks is the best interest for UT Football.

After listening to Pruitt’s press conference, seeing the elite staff he’s already assembled, and building relationships with high school kids in a short period of time, is very impressive.

Pruitt sounds & acts like an actual football coach without all the annoying cliches and constant BS.

I honestly feel like this Hire is different compared to the last two previous hires. When you’ve been down for so long having gone through Butch & Dooley, you’re going to be somewhat cautious about who the Administration is going to hire next.

Pruitt wasn’t my first choice but I’m feeling more optimistic and confident heading into next season.

I think me & every other poster who disagreed with the Pruitt hire, should take a step back and actually appreciate what he’s trying to build here.

He may or may not work out in the future, nobody knows for sure. But he deserves our support and a chance to see what he can do with this football team.

If you’re feeling guilty and need to admit you was wrong about this hire, this is the thread for you.

Go Vols!
We are all Vols! Welcome back to the pain train!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-14-2017, 05:32 PM   #68
OnlyGodForgives

If things go the way we want them to, crows will find TN a terrifying place to call home. Right now, no one can claim success or failure for his performance, because he hasn't had one. What happens while he remains an employee of Ala. is theirs to brag about, not ours.
Reply With Quote TOP