Austin Thomas leaving LSU to Join Tennessee's staff

The Artful Dodger

Fist Baller
Last edited:
Reactions: 49 people
Great news. Another highly qualified addition who seems to have a lot of confidence in Pruitt.

Reactions: 18 people
Massive addition for this staff. LSU fought hard to keep him. I have family that live near NO and are LSU fans, and they are not very pleased. They "can't understand" why he would leave for UT. This is a huge loss for LSU. He placed his signature on all parts of their program, especially recruiting. This staff just keeps getting more and more stacked.

Sources: LSU general manager Austin Thomas leaving for same position at Tennessee | LSU | theadvocate.com

Maybe you need to buy your family near NO some college football history books. Also, a few business publications on the economic growth of Tennessee. I lived in BR 4 yrs and traveled all across that state. There are some great people there but opportunity and quality of life is pale there compared to Tennessee...

Reactions: 4 people
Oh lord.

Pruitt is doing all the right things so far.

I expect Top 5 recruiting classes in the near future.

Reactions: 5 people
Maybe you need to buy your family near NO some college football history books. Also, a few business publications on the economic growth of Tennessee. I lived in BR 4 yrs and traveled all across that state. There are some great people there but opportunity and quality of life is pale there compared to Tennessee...

I was only talking about football. LSU (currently) has a much more stable program and better recruiting base than Tennessee. So for him to leave for Tennessee in the exact same capacity speaks volumes for where the very best in the business see Pruitt and this program going.

Reactions: 3 people
Yea. This was reported by Baton Rouge's newspaper, The Advocate. He is coming to Knoxville. I think the delay was LSU making a hard push to keep him, but the allure of Pruitt and what he is building was too much.

We are quickly putting together the best recruiting staff if America

Reactions: 3 people
maybe you need to buy your family near no some college football history books. Also, a few business publications on the economic growth of tennessee. I lived in br 4 yrs and traveled all across that state. There are some great people there but opportunity and quality of life is pale there compared to tennessee...

👀👀👀👀

Reactions: 1 person
Austin Thomas is a Tennessee boy from Franklin.

After earning his masters degree in sports management from the University of Tennessee, he began his career here under then coach Phillip Fulmer.

Just a bit of provenance for folks down in Baton Rouge who are wondering why he'd leave LSU for Big Orange Country.

Reactions: 1 person
Austin Thomas is a Tennessee boy from Franklin.

After earning his masters degree in sports management from the University of Tennessee, he began his career here under then coach Phillip Fulmer.

Just a bit of provenance for folks down in Baton Rouge who are wondering why he'd leave LSU for Big Orange Country.

Tiger Droppings is imploding. Aleeva has become their Hamilton/Hart/Currie, tho he matched and raised our offer. Thing is, he was making $125,000 and was their personnel SUPERSTAR. Why wait for others to come sniffing before paying him proportionate to his significance?

Reactions: 5 people
Tiger Droppings is imploding. Aleeva has become their Hamilton/Hart/Currie, tho he matched and raised our offer. Thing is, he was making $125,000 and was their personnel SUPERSTAR. Why wait for others to come sniffing before paying him proportionate to his significance?

TD implodes every day, just a normal Wednesday - although I avoid the place to be honest.

The most hated guy on every campus is the AD.

Edit: ******it have this guy on my ignore.

TD implodes every day, just a normal Wednesday - although I avoid the place to be honest.

The most hated guy on every campus is the AD.

Edit: ******it have this guy on my ignore.

Didn’t notice. :lol:

VN Store

Back