What if we start out 2-5

Glocker_Alum_2005

Very plausible we start we out 2-5 after the Bama game next year. If we are struggling on offense in particular who all is going to be clamoring for Mike Leach and blaming Fulmer for being to prideful to hire him?

Reactions: 2 people
Very plausible we start we out 2-5 after the Bama game next year. If we are struggling on offense in particular who all is going to be clamoring for Mike Leach and blaming Fulmer for being to prideful to hire him?

That wouldn't surprise me at all to be 2-5 at that point. I figure we finish 5-7 next year.

Reactions: 1 person
And if we went 5-2, would fans start asking when we were going to put up the statue of Fulmer?

Reactions: 18 people

Unfortunately, 2-5 isn't out of the question. Our schedule is insane next year. It doesn't really matter who is coaching next year - we have little chance of winning any in the 3 game streak of Georgia, Auburn, and Alabama.

If we're 2-5 and not competitive, it will be ugly here for sure. That record isn't acceptable at UT, ever.

Reactions: 5 people
I believe we all realize at this point it's gonna take time. I honestly feel like we have a coach that can build something instead of one that keeps promising that the future will be bright.

What if we start out 7-0?

See what I did there? We don't have the answer for either question, but mine is way better. Why fret over something like that?

Reactions: 12 people
Give Pruitt a chance. Typically our coaches have to beat a top 10 schedule during the season an incompetent administration the rest of the year. It's an uphill battle that takes time.

2-5 and people will have every right to be pissed. We are pretty equal to Florid talent wise, so if we lose I know why.

Reactions: 13 people
You can be guaranteed that there will be many people moaning and complaining after every loss. After 2-5? Get ready to hear 'But Leach....'. 'Fahr Fulmer'.

Win 6 or 7 regular season games, make a lower tier bowl, and sign a nice 2019 class. I can live with that next year.

It will depend on how the team looks vs. this year. If we fade late in games (due to depth) but are mostly competitive then we should be hopeful. If we see CBJ 2.0 then we better hope it is like UGA and just had a crap year as everything gelled.

Either way we should not get to worked up about much next year if it goes poorly.

Reactions: 4 people
Witch Doctor say then our fans will start hearing Gruden talking in their heads again. "He wants to come here and coach!! Some guys on an internet board agrees so it must be true and the more we say it makes it even more true!!!"

BNL

Reactions: 3 people
You can be guaranteed that there will be many people moaning and complaining after every loss. After 2-5? Get ready to hear 'But Leach....'. 'Fahr Fulmer'.

Leach went 3-9, 6-7, and 3-9 his first three years at Wazzou. His first two seasons at Texas Tech were comparable to the four years before he got there. His history suggests he doesn't turn programs around quickly.

Pretty good bet he wouldn't turn UT's boat very fast either.

Reactions: 5 people

Many of us on VN started out 2-5 with our wives or girlfriends. Thank goodness they gave us a few seasons to get up to speed before dumping us.

We would be 2-5... big deal. This is a total rebuild job. Patients Danielson

Lol @ Mike Leach. You guys seriously wanted a guy who complains about never being able to compete with Washington & USC because "they will always recruit better"? Leach is a great offensive coach, knows QBs, but my goodness some of yall need to get off his jock. He's not that great of a coach. If he was, more colleges would've pursued him in the past and he certainly wouldn't be losing 42-14 every year against a real winner like Petersen.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back