Tennessee fan base ranked No. 18 among college sports, No. 185 overall

These kind of articles and claims are so stupid. A 10 year old could tell you UT has some of best, craziest, and most passionate fans in the entire country. Trying to quantify or put some sort of arbitrary system is ridiculous.

Reactions: 10 people
UT fans are number 1. They show up for sh^&&y programs year after year in both basketball (well until this year because we are good) and football. Ranking high in nation for attendance in both. F&*K these rankings.

Reactions: 7 people
What a dumb rank list. And I'd say that even if UT were #1. Some folks don't have enough to do.

Idiots don't band together the way UT fans did and stop an athletic administration from making a possibly devastating hire.

I do have to hand it to UK football fans for being loyal. Even though historically the teams haven't been good (last couple of years are looking up though) they still tend to fill their stadium and travel well.

Reactions: 2 people
UT’s fanbase deserves to be #1 for protesting and stopping a potential program killer of a hire in Schiano.

Reactions: 3 people
I do have to hand it to UK football fans for being loyal. Even though historically the teams haven't been good (last couple of years are looking up though) they still tend to fill their stadium and travel well.

UK would follow that football team with the same intensity they follow the basketball team if the university would commit themselves to winning.

I would argue that Tennessee has the best fans if you look at just how much revenue they generate compared to the on field product. Tennessee and Texas have probably the most loyal fans I’ve seen in the country.

Obviously this is more than football. After living in 5 countries and 10 states I can definitely see their point in many of these. I am a die hard Vol Fan but there are many out there just as passionate (and bigger).

So are we including soccer, rugby, cricket, etc? I don't see the point in having biggest "fanbases" for people like celebrities unless they are tennis stars or something. What an usually bad idea...

Reactions: 1 person
Let me know when another fan base fires a coach before hes hired then we can talk about which fan base is better.

Of course it's not just football. There's more than 185 on the list. That's too high for football and too low overall. Turn Neyland into a feared place to play a road game and get back to us about how great the fanbase is.

VN Store

Back