Juco offers

The Man wants to win now!!! I say go for it, hes still trying to build depth in this recruiting class as well. We need the help for sure on the O-Line!!

Reactions: 5 people
Shows he serious about winning and winning now. There is no year 0 for Pruitt. I believe him when he says, “our goal is to win every one of them.”

Reactions: 10 people
Interesting article. Looks like Pruitt is looking at a lot of Juco's to fill this upcoming class. I am not really sure how that works. I know I guess you back some of these up a little to whatever the original class would have been.
New Tennessee staff seeking immediate help, offer several elite JUCO prospects

Juco's usually either have 3 years to play two or two years to play two depending if they were redshirted at the JUCO. It is usually considered a quick fix until you can get the recruits you want and develop them.

Reactions: 1 person
Juco's usually either have 3 years to play two or two years to play two depending if they were redshirted at the JUCO. It is usually considered a quick fix until you can get the recruits you want and develop them.

Sounds about exactly what we need.

Reactions: 7 people
We are behind on many recruits with the coaching change and earl6 signing a couple weeks away. It would be better to fill the holes with JUCO talent even if just for a couple years while the staff starts recruiting for next year which is when we can stock up for the future,

I’m not as concerned about previous JUCO busts because the last staff could have gotten their transfers from the Green Bay Packers and they still would have flopped under their development

Reactions: 7 people
Two issues.

Jones proved he was not a good evaluator of several positions. Pruitt needs help there right away. CB is one. DL appears to be another. OL to a great extent.

Second, he is looking for players who can get him away from Jones' system as fast as possible. Remember, he saw it from the other side. He coached against UT's O... and knows how bad it really was.

Reactions: 5 people
It's a tough cycle. You have to win early in the SEC or by Year 3, the recruiting falls off a cliff.

JUCOs are good to plug in holes that have been neglected but obviously, you can't build a long-term, consistent high-end program around them.

Reactions: 4 people
The Man wants to win now!!! I say go for it, hes still trying to build depth in this recruiting class as well. We need the help for sure on the O-Line!!

It's a tough cycle. You have to win early in the SEC or by Year 3, the recruiting falls off a cliff.

JUCOs are good to plug in holes that have been neglected but obviously, you can't build a long-term, consistent high-end program around them.

None of this annoying brick by brick babble we were subjected to over the last 5 years. CJP is all about the business of becoming an immediate threat in the SEC.

And BigOrangeMojo makes a good point, too; if you don't have positive results early, the train leaves the rails quickly in this league.

I am not saying anything is wrong with this. I did find it interesting to see how many he has offered. Our OL roster sucks.

wiQNOyu.gif

Reactions: 2 people
There are some awfully good JUCO programs and players around the country. nothing wrong with recruiting them. And they will be ready to go rather quickly, and already have grown into their bodies.

This shows what some have expected and what Pruitt now knows. We are a crappy football team that needs a lot of help. Pruitt has his work cut out to get the stank of Butch off this program.

I honestly thought Dooleys 2012 recfuiting fiasco was the worst thing, I was wrong. What Butch did to us is worse.

VN Store

Back