WR/TE/ST coaches

pimo1

#orangefont always implied
Ok maybe jsut me but in the list of prospective assitants thus far we sit at 10/10 right? but

Who coaches WR's? Helton?
What about TE/ST? Weinke?
LB's Rumph or Rocker?

I know a lot of guys think we are moving to a 3-4 but in that case you'd want multiple LB coaches not 3 guys with mostly experience in the DL right? 3-4 u normally have 2 LB coaches 4-3 u normally have 2 DL coaches. HC and DC can kinda step in here but again experience sways towards DL in the list we have.

Even Weirder is Weinke, Niedermeyer, Watson. Watson and Niedermeier look like folks as that 10th administrative/QC job. Weinke is someone I could see coming in for QB/passing game but helton has that covered right?

Am i reading to far into this?

Rumph and Sherrer both have experience with LBs. Rumors still circulating about Lance Thompson as well who is a LB coach. Fair and pruitt both have experience with DBs. Rocker and rumph both have experience with Dline. I think defensively the coaching is pretty well covered.

Weinke likely will be in a support role probably offensive QC but could be dedicated QB coach. Helton has experience as a OC and QB coach. Gilliespie is still rb coach. Friend Oline. McClendon (S Carolinas WR coach)at WR coach if we land him. Brewster at TE coach if we can land him. ST I honestly have no idea.

This is what I’m thinking.

OC/QB: Helton
RB: Gillespie
WR: Unknown
TE: Unknown
OL: Friend
DC: Sherrer
DL: Rocker
OLB: Rumph
ILB : Unknown
DB: Fair
ST: Unknown
QC/Analyst: Weinke

Still room for two more coaches. Thomas, Niedermayer, Watson, etc are all off-field guys. They don’t count against the 10.

Reactions: 1 person
They might give dale jones a look at special teams. He is at appy state. He won st coach of the year once.

Reactions: 3 people
Ok maybe jsut me but in the list of prospective assitants thus far we sit at 10/10 right? but

Who coaches WR's? Helton?
What about TE/ST? Weinke?
LB's Rumph or Rocker?

I know a lot of guys think we are moving to a 3-4 but in that case you'd want multiple LB coaches not 3 guys with mostly experience in the DL right? 3-4 u normally have 2 LB coaches 4-3 u normally have 2 DL coaches. HC and DC can kinda step in here but again experience sways towards DL in the list we have.

Even Weirder is Weinke, Niedermeyer, Watson. Watson and Niedermeier look like folks as that 10th administrative/QC job. Weinke is someone I could see coming in for QB/passing game but helton has that covered right?

Am i reading to far into this?

There's already a good thread on it -- 7 so far that we know will be coaches:

Pruitt Staffers

The others' positions may not be as coaches.

Still room for two more coaches. Thomas, Niedermayer, Watson, etc are all off-field guys. They don’t count against the 10.
thanks you sire yo answered the question..was assuming they would be on field coaches which hits the 10.. if we have 2 spots left then we are good.

just keep shuffling out those offers to those prospects...if they come...they'll get coached...by somebody...:)

GO VOLS!

I doubt Weinke left to be another QC guy.HElton has coached TE's and Special Teams for 4 years so maybe he's an option there and Weinke as QB Coach. Curious to see how everything works out.

I doubt Weinke left to be another QC guy.HElton has coached TE's and Special Teams for 4 years so maybe he's an option there and Weinke as QB Coach. Curious to see how everything works out.

Helton will most likely be OC/TE coach like you said. As an OC I will be shocked if he coaches ST. Weinke will most likely be QB coach.

Maybe Thompson can coach ST and LB's? Or it might be by committee on the coaching staff.

Helton will most likely be OC/TE coach like you said. As an OC I will be shocked if he coaches ST. Weinke will most likely be QB coach.

Maybe Thompson can coach ST and LB's? Or it might be by committee on the coaching staff.

If your talking about Lance Thompson i hope your right. He is a good recruiter and coach. Hope he comes back to Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person

I think you're right. ST would be too much for an OC who already has TE's and playcalling duties. I hope we get Lance he definitely could handle both of those. I really dont see Weinke making the move from Ala for the same job unless he just didn't like Saban plus it gets him back on the field. Curious to see what WR route we go too.

VN Store

Back