Rashaan Gaulden blasts Kirk Herbstreit for hypocrisy

Gaulden gave double middle fingers down to Bama by 30 after the inception return.. For that act alone he should have a building named after him

Reactions: 77 people
Herbstreit is a tool. He should be careful of his own 'image' he's built up for himself.. Glass houses brother, glass houses..

Reactions: 19 people
I like Kirk about 50% of the time

But for real. Hypocrisy defending Mayfield. Dude knew what he was doing the whole time, he had it planned.

What gaulden did was obviously classless and poor sportsmanship but kicked off the team? Nah fam.

Reactions: 7 people
Good for Rashaan. Need to run Kirk out of the state. He has really shown how much of an azz he is in the past month.

Reactions: 5 people
He could not have been more right about this. Kirk was quick to want Gaulden kicked for one incident in a blowout loss. Mayfield can grab his junk, plant flags, and mouth obscenities on national TV while winning and no big deal.

Reactions: 13 people
Rolls of toilet paper should be flying all over a certain property in middle Tennessee.

He needs to move OUT of Tennessee after the way he's bashed us recently!

Hey Herbie...Kiss my bright Orange Tennessee Vol (_)_) you useless scumbag!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

once baker signs his NFL deal his first endorsement will be with the fine folks at massengill. Kirk is also a spokesman. Birds of a feather

Here's Herbstreit's entire quote. Gaulden is 100% correct.
"I just need to say this because I haven’t had a chance to say this all week, no chance of winning the game against Alabama and one of their players, No. 7, Rashaan Gaulden, ends up throwing up the fingers," Herbstreit said. "You’re thinking, with everything that’s been going on with Tennessee, that guy will probably never play again. Next series, defense is on the field, No. 7 is back in the lineup playing on the field.
"And you wonder why Tennessee has issues. They don’t have any discipline. (Butch Jones) should’ve taken his uniform off, sent him upstairs to go get a popcorn and say you’re no longer on the team and sent a message to the whole team."

RG was wrong to do that and he'd have run steps for me until he wanted to die. To say he should have been kicked off when other guys are failing drug tests and beating women is just ridiculous.

Kirk's a moron

I actually think the quote was at least defensible right up until he's kicking a kid off the team that he had no clue about. And.... He came back an entire week later to say it. It was pointless and plays into some latent stereotyping that he'd probably rather not talk about.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't tweet so I'm ignorant to the process but couldn't those of you who do hold herbies feet to the fire on this? There is strength in numbers and if there is one thing VN has its numbers. At a minimum make him publicly acknowledge his hypocrisy

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back