Coach Pruitt at first team meeting. (Allegedly)

1c0c11e326e6a17ad8ecce50713b6d1e

Reactions: 1 person
Y’all, this is cheesy as hell. He’s doing actual awesome stuff in the real world. Let’s stay focused on that instead?

Reactions: 2 people
A’ight, here’s the original: “Pruitt’s First Speech To Team”. 12/7/17, 3:37pm Knoxville Standard Time.

GBO & CJP!!!

"Twenty years ago, the players on this team were getting ready to win the university's sixth National Championship under this man, our Athletic Director right over here...

Ten years ago, this fine coach was asked to leave our program after competing the the SEC Champ Game in 2001, 2004 & 2007...things did not go Tennessee's way in those games, but he never gave up...

Five years ago on this very date, the prior regime hired a coach who could not get Our School back to the level of greatness that's in our heritage...He is now gone. We thank him for bringing you, our players here...

I scouted you and recruited you while in Athens and in Tuscaloosa. I know where you have succeeded and where you have come up short. I know where to attack you and where to scheme away from you...

(Picking up the depth chart) This was where you finished with that loss to Vanderbilt (Points to the depth chart) We ARE NEVER LOSING TO VANDERBILT AGAIN!!

As of today, there are no starters, no second stringers, no scout teamers. You are all names on a helmet and a number on the roster. (Tears up the Depth Chart, throws pieces in the Team #121 Turnover Trash Can & motions to it) - Points to a manager, take this can out to the dumpster. Players, follow him out...

(At dumpster...Takes can of lighter fluid...) throw your shoes in the dumpster...(Players throw their shoes in the dumpster...).

Where's Coach Gillespie? (Gillespie Steps up)

Did you throw all of the playbooks, and 121's stuff in there?

(Gillespie) Hell yeah!

(Coach Pruitt hands him a pack of Matches)...Once Coach Gillespie lights this dumpster on fire, you all are going to bucket brigade this fire out with those orange Home Depot buckets that the managers have filled. You helped make the fire. Tonight, you are the Phoenix rising from the ashes of this dumpster fire. I tore up the depth chart to show you that the best are going to start. And we start determining who starts on January 9th. Between now and then, you have to ace your exams and figure out how to be the best. Everyone of your positions are being recruited, and I have no favorite sons.

Coach Gillespie, burn away the old and prepare to win together!

Light them up like we're gonna light up everyone we play in 2018!

(Gillespie tosses match into dumpster - huge fire begins to burn) After 5 minutes of staring at the glow...

(Pruitt) Volunteers! Put out This Fire!!!

Reactions: 1 person
While fiction, this is awesome. I hope to never see the dancing team trash can on our sidelines ever again.

Nice mix of half truths and fiction.

They should have made it complete fiction. Have him fly into the room while wielding a lightsaber, which he then uses on the Jumbotron to remove Butch’s image.

VN Store

Back