The players that is coming back next year!

Orange defense

Blood runneth orange in my veins
Could be very special offensively and defensively. If Pruitt gets them to play his style, then this team could be very good. This is something that could happen, I think McKenzie, Tuttle, and that defense could be nasty. If some of these recruits he gets can step in depth wise, I’m very optimistic about 2018. Hummmm?? I just thought about it. :rock:

Reactions: 2 people
Are.

And while you're at it, pump the brakes.
0-8 in the SEC. This is a rebuild.

I do not believe this is a rebuilding year. I think we lost to Florida MISSOURI Kentucky Vandy and South Carolina because of bad coaching.
That can easily be fixed. We can go from 4-9 in 2017 to. 8-5. Lose to Alabama Auburn West Virginia Georgia and Florida. Beat ETSU. UTEP Charlotte Vanderbilt Kentucky Missouri South Carolina and bowl game
Out coached by Florida. And West Virginia. Too much talent at Alabama Auburn and UGA for us to beat them

Reactions: 7 people
I expect to see immediate improvement on defense. The key to a 8 or 9 win season is the offensive line. If they can gel and play up to their talent we could be a dark horse in the East. Jarrett started looking decent by seasons end and we have a good stable of RBs.

Reactions: 1 person
I do not believe this is a rebuilding year. I think we lost to Florida MISSOURI Kentucky Vandy and South Carolina because of bad coaching.
That can easily be fixed. We can go from 4-9 in 2017 to. 8-5. Lose to Alabama Auburn West Virginia Georgia and Florida. Beat ETSU. UTEP Charlotte Vanderbilt Kentucky Missouri South Carolina and bowl game
Out coached by Florida. And West Virginia. Too much talent at Alabama Auburn and UGA for us to beat them

Its a rebuild, just not a traditional one. While there is some talent on this team, is has not been coached up at all. Now, that can be fixed but in 1 year? I highly doubt it. What Pruitt has to rebuild is the culture of the program. He alluded to that in his presser. Dooley and Jones installed a weak culture into Tennessee. This has to change.

If we are going to be a winning program again, we need to start acting like one. The players attitudes will have to change. Pruitt will have to coach out the ineptitude that Butch inspired. I personally dont see more than 6 wins max in 2018.

Reactions: 3 people
We looked pathetic at the end of the year, but I honestly do not think our team is that bad. We have a lot of talent and star power on the roster. It just needs to be properly developed and our players need to be put in the best position to succeed. I believe they knew Butch was done and just gave up too. I'm hoping with a breath of fresh air and some development, we can at least see a big jump in competitiveness. Having a coach that motivates you and one that you would go to battle for can go a long way in a football game. We will have to wait to see the on-field results, but I think the players/recruits know Pruitt is a football guy.

7-5/8-4 would be awesome next year and I think we can do it. But 6-6 and a bowl game would be a great start for Pruitt.

Reactions: 13 people
This is another thing to get excited about, and we just don’t know for sure what quality coaching can get out of who we have returning. Yes we were bottom of the barrel this year, but I think we were better than 5 of the teams that beat us had they been better prepared and coached, maybe LSU also.

Until we have a rotation of 8-10 really good defensive linemen, I don't think we'll have a nasty defense. Offensively, we are still thin and unproven on the line. Basically, we aren't very good in the trenches. This may take a couple years to fix.

If we can simply eliminate the losses to team we SHOULD NOT lose to and win one we're not supposed to win, we'll be ok..

You know, those things that good coaches seem to be able to do..

Reactions: 5 people
And I believe we can beat Florida and Georgia next year.

Florida was a hot mess just as we were and we could definitely beat them next year.

Georgia is a different story though.

The cupboard isn't as bare as some on here would have you believe. There is talent on both sides of the ball and with some good ole fashion coaching it will begin to show.

I think the only 2 for sure Ls are Alabama and Auburn.

UGA will be the toughest after that but they lose A LOT. 5-10% chance at a W

West Virginia is probably not a great matchup right now for us. Pruitt is a D guy but will the d be that much better in game one? Hopefully because we will need it. 30% chance of a W.

Florida. It’s at home and let’s not forget UF had just as bad of season as we did in all honestly. They won a couple conference games sure but they still finished 4-7 overall.
Complete toss up. 50%

The rest we should be favorites against if Pruitt is the real deal. I get we lost bad to Vandy and Mizzou but we still have more talent than them. It needs to be developed and coached up. SC could be tough on the road but still, we should have more talent if it’s coached up. UK, jeez we should never lose to them. Twice in how many years? Can’t lose to UTEP, ETSU, or Charlotte. Period.

Rookie HC
0-8 conference record
Weak (outside of Trey) Lines
Oft injured LB

6-6 would be terrific, alight!??

Love CJP.

NEED 20 STUDS

The defense will be very good. Tons of upperclassmen who will be rebuilt challenged and reanimated this offseason.

Its the last season for almost the entire defensive line and all 2nd stringers.

The open competition and making them actually get in football shape for the first time ever will pay huge dividends.

Our offense may not develop playmakers or good qbs between now and 2018 season. Line depth could short circuit our running game and stable of excellent backs.

The defense though will be amazing. We will finally see theem play up to their potential... But then it will have to be totally rebuilt...totally for 2019.

McKenzie may be better suited to play 3-4 NG position.. He's not all that athletic but he's big, strong and can occupy two blockers..

KMac should be playing offensive guard. Imagine him and Trey Smith firing off the ball

Rookie HC
0-8 conference record
Weak (outside of Trey) Lines
Oft injured LB

6-6 would be terrific, alight!??

Love CJP.

NEED 20 STUDS

For next season we are setup for success more than you realize. Defense returns everyone but justin martin. Even returns our third team linebacker,colton jumper.

The defensive back depth is good.

Only real problem is Offensive line which immediate and critical to that side of the ball.

The only other problem is instilling pride in a team of lazy fatasses.

You watch any other college team play football and the glaring difference in muscle tone and development is staggering. Not just the fatasses, the linebackers and skill position players have soft noodly arms. Even mr. Givesall, colton jumper, the wolf brothers, soft, small arms, thin weak legs...it amazes me, if the "hard workers" on the team cant even work out more than casually then what in the hell are the other guys doing?

Prisons get better gains from inmates. And they aint got amanda horsebath catering huge meals(plates of nothing but cookies, observed on cbj show) for them. They eat gruel green bologna and peanut butter sandwiches. The facilities aint top notch, there is no juice bar.

The freshmen last year had better physiques. Mattthew butler, tim jordan, etc.

The vols under butch were fat slow soft, stiff weak and lazy. Especially fat.

Last year carlin fils aime was the ONLY man on the team that took conditioning serious and made great strides transitioning his body, he added lean hard muscle and played well above expectations, played more explosive, ran harder, faster.

Its obvious he challenged himself. He had pride, and was driven. He was an anomaly, for sure.

Pruitt will fix this. Vols players will work hard or gtfo.

Its low hanging fruit actually,(the players upside, not their ***** tits) the talent is there under all that soft fat.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back