Todd Watson joining CJP's staff

I can tell you he was a very good high school coach, my cousin was his QB at Foley High School. Coach Pruitt would frequently visit Foley High while he was coaching in Tallahassee. Coach Watson is the one who moved Julio Jones to wide receiver, before that Julio played DB at Foley.

Reactions: 1 person
I can tell you he was a very good high school coach, my cousin was his QB at Foley High School. Coach Pruitt would frequently visit Foley High while he was coaching in Tallahassee. Coach Watson is the one who moved Julio Jones to wide receiver, before that Julio played DB at Foley.

Pretty good decision to make the position change no doubt.

If it's great high school coaches being hired, bring back the Iceman, WHY NOT CASEY CLAUSEN at Calabasas High in Cali??

Reactions: 2 people
Eww, please don’t say “roll” and Vols in the same sentence unless it’s “the Vols are rolling”. Just no

I’ve said this in another thread, but if I remember my UT history correct, I believe the chant in the early twentieth century was in fact “Roll Vols”.

If it's great high school coaches being hired, bring back the Iceman, WHY NOT CASEY CLAUSEN at Calabasas High in Cali??

Well, we recruit Alabama far more than California

It's not about hiring HS coaches. It's about the connections coaches like Watson have at High Schools in the south, particularly Alabama

It helps tremendously in recruiting

Reactions: 1 person
All the "coached Alabama high school" talk has me on the verge of throwing up. :yuck:

Trying to keep an open mind about it though...

Well, we recruit Alabama far more than California

It's not about hiring HS coaches. It's about the connections coaches like Watson have at High Schools in the south, particularly Alabama

It helps tremendously in recruiting

We probably should be recruiting California more than Alabama.

All the "coached Alabama high school" talk has me on the verge of throwing up. :yuck:

Trying to keep an open mind about it though...

The thought process I have about it is if they got their start in high school and saw long periods of sucess there and then progressed to the point of having success at the high levels then is a good thing.

Like Pruitt said one year his "3 technique" may be 300 pounds, the next year they may be 150. Same could be said about starter versus backup. Having success in those situations means being able to adapt and match scheme to personnel, which points to stronger coaching ability.

GOD I hope I'm right 🙏

VN Store

Back