Which 2018 Road Game(s) is the Best Road Trip?

Sat330pmAppt

Pawn in Game of Life
Outside of the bowl game, which of the games below are you looking forward to going to?

9/1/18 vs. West Virginia at Charlotte
9/29/18 at Georgia in Athens
10/13/18 at Auburn with Toomer’s Corner
10/26/18 at South Carolina with the Cockaboose Tailgating
11/24/18 at Vanderbilt for Thanksgiving Weekend

I will be at Cockaboose #xx for sure. Not saying that it’s the best trip overall, but it’s the game where the friends are. Five corners and the vista are good beveraging. It will be a night game as Fla vs. Ga is the Sat 3:30pm Appt. that week.

It have hotel res. for both mid April weekends for the O/W game. Attended 2016 G-Day for Kirby’s debut. Full house at Sanford Stadium. Ludacris threw down for 15 minutes, and it was off the chain.

Hope that we do something at the O/W game that’s equally cool for CJP’s debut. #fill neyland ???

Thoughts about your UT Vol football travels for 2018?

Last edited:
Well I am heading to the barn. Pretty close to where I live in middle GA. Maybe eat at that Waffle House where Malzahn dines.

Outside of the bowl game, which of the games below are you looking forward to going to?

10/24/18 at Vanderbilt for Thanksgiving Weekend

I will be at Cockaboose #xx for sure. Not saying that it’s the best trip overall, but it’s the game where the friends are. Five corners and the vista are good beveraging. It will be a night game as Fla vs. Ga is the Sat 3:30pm Appt. that week.

It have hotel res. for both mid April weekends for the O/W game. Attended 2016 G-Day for Kirby’s debut. Full house at Sanford Stadium. Ludacris threw down for 15 minutes, and it was off the chain.

Hope that we do something at the O/W game that’s equally cool for CJP’s debut. #fill neyland ???

A'lght.

Not saying there is anything wrong with liking the cockaboose, but do we need a thread about it?

Neutral games are always a blast but Auburn is a really cool place. UGA fans suck. USC is a dump and Vandy is fun because of Nashville but the gameday experience is awful.

Reactions: 3 people
Neutral games are always a blast but Auburn is a really cool place. UGA fans suck. USC is a dump and Vandy is fun because of Nashville but the gameday experience is awful.

Selwyn Pub in Myers Park, Charlotte is a great hang. The uptown bars scene is solid...no couch is safe that weekend!

Reactions: 1 person

UGA fans do suck, but it's a great town and atmosphere. USC feels a little sterile in places, but it has improved immensely in the last 5 years or so.

If I were you, I’d go to Auburn. It’ll be over a decade before we play down there again, whereas we play UGA, SC and Vandy away every other year.

UGA fans do suck, but it's a great town and atmosphere. USC feels a little sterile in places, but it has improved immensely in the last 5 years or so.

Definitely see Auburn, but arrive the night before. The place is virtually inaccessible by car on game day. I went in 2003 loving "Welcome to the Jungle" by GNR, and they flat spoiled it forever.

Athens is also great if you've never been. Fantastic bar and restaurant scene that only ever seems to improve. Hit Wuxtry if you're a music lover.

11/24/18 at Vanderbilt for Thanksgiving Weekend

Any road game we win will be great!

Vandy game for me. It my Birthday and I go as often as I can. Nashville in the evening with nice weather is tops in fall

I don't understand why West Virginia and Tennessee are playing in Charlotte..? Why in Carolina?? Why would they care??

If I had to choose though, I'd go with Auburn. We only play there, maybe once every 5 to 10 years..

I don't understand why West Virginia and Tennessee are playing in Charlotte..? Why in Carolina?? Why would they care??

As an alum of both WVU and UT, I am definitely not missing the season opener. My next choice would definitely be a trip to Auburn.

As to your question about why play WVU in Charlotte, my guess is that it is an easy road trip for both fan bases, but Charlotte is also home to one of WVUs largest alumni bases outside of the state of West Virginia.

VN Store

Back