Kongbo + JP - he will either quit or be a monster next fall ...

I think he will quit. Seems like he’s got a bad attitude and a lousy work ethic. I think Butch let several guys coast here to keep them happy and that was part of the problem.

Reactions: 12 people
Kongbo is just an average talent. He will end his career as a serviceable DE who was good enough to get his college education paid for. Being an average SEC DE is still quite an accomplishment that rises to a level that very few ever attain. But, he will never be a star.

Reactions: 9 people
I feel more than one will walk away or transfer once they see what practice will be like for Championship football.

Reactions: 20 people
5 to 7 will walk they aren't tough enough, we will have a tough team they will go to work or hit the door got to weed out the weeds in the flower box.

Reactions: 7 people
Kongbo is just an average talent. He will end his career as a serviceable DE who was good enough to get his college education paid for. Being an average SEC DE is still quite an accomplishment that rises to a level that very few ever attain. But, he will never be a star.

We must have been watching two different players.

Average? Not the #1 I saw. I watched him a lot and never saw him beat his man. He mostly stood up and looked around and then chased the play after his blocker moved on.

Perhaps this can be ascribed to the reported lack of actual hitting in practice. I dunno. But his motor seemed to be on low idle all year.

Reactions: 8 people
never saw him approach the QB in his rush...always way outside. If the QB changed direction, and came toward him then he had a chance.

maybe coaching will help!

Looked like he was running in concrete shoes and was never even involved in plays for good reasons. Needs to maybe be moved back to DT.

Reactions: 1 person

No. Kongbo has boatloads of talent. His biggest problems are inexperience hindered by ego. He is a converted basketball player who hasn't developed his football instincts yet. He moves well, but often in the wrong direction. He needs to be taught the fundamentals that other defensive linemen learned in youth league. He needs someone who will take him in hand and get him to stop daydreaming about winning a super bowl and that leading him to being the next action movie star. If he doesn't you will be right. But if he does, the sky is the limit.

Reactions: 4 people
No. Kongbo has boatloads of talent. His biggest problems are inexperience hindered by ego. He is a converted basketball player who hasn't developed his football instincts yet. He moves well, but often in the wrong direction. He needs to be taught the fundamentals that other defensive linemen learned in youth league. He needs someone who will take him in hand and get him to stop daydreaming about winning a super bowl and that leading him to being the next action movie star. If he doesn't you will be right. But if he does, the sky is the limit.

He has zero dog in him..

Reactions: 3 people
Kongbo has been so underwhelming I wasn’t sure he still played for us. All the hype when he came in and he’s been such a bust.

I to believe some will be in for a eye opening experience when practice kicks up and they run it like a legit program should be.

Reactions: 2 people
In fairness, the number 1 Juco rating was way off.. Kid never played thegame till he was 17. Thing that would help him a lot would be more strength, lower body and upper, and for the opposite end (Taylor) to put on 15 more lbs of bulk and strength and get him some help from behind in the form of some LBs who are fast and mean enough to swarm on top of whatever JK disrupts.. But people are disappointed because the way the recruiting services built him up, people were certain he was never gonna get beat on a play, ever!

I just can't imagine having his size and speed and not giving everything I had on every play. I understand he hasn't been playing football for very long, but based on athletic ability alone, he should be able to beat his man on most plays. He has a great chance to play on Sunday's if he puts his mind to it. I haven't given up on him yet.

Reactions: 2 people
In fairness, the number 1 Juco rating was way off.. Kid never played thegame till he was 17. Thing that would help him a lot would be more strength, lower body and upper, and for the opposite end (Taylor) to put on 15 more lbs of bulk and strength and get him some help from behind in the form of some LBs who are fast and mean enough to swarm on top of whatever JK disrupts.. But people are disappointed because the way the recruiting services built him up, people were certain he was never gonna get beat on a play, ever!

Usually DE's are kinda fast and have moves that allow them to get to QB... I have little of either

Kongbo hasn’t impressed me.

Hopefully it just has to do with a lack of coaching and not being overrated.

VN Store

Back