What Type of Offense?

Captain Awesome

What type of offense will a Jeremy Pruitt coached team run? I first thought that Tyson Helton was coming as QB coach and passing coordinator but it looks like he's OC. Will he be co-OC or full OC? Looks like he ran Jeff Brohm's offense at WKU which could mean it'll be a really fun offense to watch. Would love to hear y'all's thoughts if you know more.

What type of offense will a Jeremy Pruitt coached team run? I first thought that Tyson Helton was coming as QB coach and passing coordinator but it looks like he's OC. Will he be co-OC or full OC? Looks like he ran Jeff Brohm's offense at WKU which could mean it'll be a really fun offense to watch. Would love to hear y'all's thoughts if you know more.

He is 75% OC, but that goes up to 80% if they dont punt on 4th down.

Reactions: 1 person
Let's just hope that what type of offense it is, that it fits the talent we have. No more of trying to put round pegs into square holes.

Hopefully we will join the group of juggernaut defenses in the SEC. What is lacking in the SEC is a juggernaut offense like Oklahoma's. What could have been!!

With a first time head coach I don’t think anybody knows really

I still think we go with a spread offense but we get our playmakers more involved.

There's going to be some shotgun, some pistol, some under center. Plenty of two, three, four, and five wide sets, two and possibly three TE, two back sets. Ground and pound, air it out. Wishbone, flexbone. Run heavy, pass heavy, high-octane offense. Should be fun to watch.

There's going to be some shotgun, some pistol, some under center. Plenty of two, three, four, and five wide sets, two and possibly three TE, two back sets. Ground and pound, air it out. Wishbone, flexbone. Run heavy, pass heavy, high-octane offense. Should be fun to watch.

Lol. Dooley and Butch said the same thing as Pruitt. “We’re going to be multiple. We’re going to base the offense off of our players strengths.” It’s just coach speak. They think it’s to there advantage not to go into any detail. It probably is just a bit.

Last edited:
CJP said in the press conference that he wants a strong power running game with explosive plays in the passing game. That's good enough for me. I expect to see more of a traditional pro style offense.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back