The future of Smoky Grey uniforms

dono

Obsessive Woo Hater
It's a trivial matter, in a way. But there are quite a few who do not like them. I am among that number. CJP would do well to mothball (or auction them off) .

Any alternate design uni's should be of two colors:

1, Orange
2. White

And for a bonus, on third Saturday in October, both Bama and Tenn should wear their home jerseys.

Last edited:
Reactions: 66 people
There are also quite a few who do like them.

I am among that number. Keep the current alts.

At least we can all always agree on "to hell with Bama."

Reactions: 78 people
It is a tad boring after all the coaching hoopla has died down. Keep the gray uni and add an all black with heavy orange accent. Black helmet with orange mask to finish the look.

Pruitt's coming from a bama background. They are traditionalist in nature. My guess is that we go back to a pure traditional look for both home and away unis going forward

Reactions: 10 people
Let’s focus on winning games… Jones had a theme for each game lots of gimmicks anything to take your eyes off the the product on the field

Reactions: 12 people
It's a trivial matter, in a way. But there are quite a few who do not like them. I am among that number. CJP would do well to mothball (or auction them off) .

1, Orange
2. White

And for a bonus, on third Sunday in October, both Bama and Tenn should wear their home jerseys.

I think they’ll stay for no other reason than perhaps the one that makes the world go round, money lol.

Take a look at our crowd the last few games, LOTS of grey merchandise is being purchased and it is a tribute to the most identifiable landmark we have our Smokie Mountains!

Reactions: 5 people
Jones wanted everyone in the stands to put their fists up on fourth down…and How can we forget the trashcan?

Reactions: 1 person
Jones wanted everyone in the stands to put their fists up on fourth down…and How can we forget the trashcan?

As dumb as the trash can was (and it was dumb especially given the season) a lot of teams have some stupid Defense gimmick ala Miami and the Chain. Just looks worse given our complete ineptitude on the field this past season.

Reactions: 2 people
As dumb as the trash can was (and it was dumb especially given the season) a lot of teams have some stupid Defense gimmick ala Miami and the Chain. Just looks worse given our complete ineptitude on the field this past season.

The Neyland Effect was a joke too

Reactions: 2 people
Nike will have to convince us that black was a fourth (and up til then unknown) school color before we get that in a uniform.

If the money was right, we'd abandon our true school colors again.

Reactions: 4 people
Personally, I like them. I think it's one of the few good things Butch did here.

I’m not sure on this but I do think some things we perceive as being installed by Butch isn’t necessarily the case. Like the grey unis.... they are more likely an institution made by Nike which is why we see it carried through the entirety of sport programs rather than just football.

The trash can, bricks and fist up defense might be purely Butchisms but a large part of graphics, unis and marketing are productions of people much more affluent and calculated.

Reactions: 1 person
The Alts are cool. Personally my Favorite was the BLack Jerseys for Pumpkin Bowl against USC back in the Kiffin days. That was a cool Halloween look.

Reactions: 3 people
One thing I love is uniform discussion smh... just let the kids wear what they want within reason either grey, white, or orange. God forbid we add a color in that actually goes good with orange and white.

Reactions: 3 people

1, Orange
2. White

And for a bonus, on third Sunday in October, both Bama and Tenn should wear their home jerseys.

Sad that no one noticed this. Not a real fan, imo.

Get rid of grey. Go back to orange pants, white jerseys. Create a black and orange scheme to wear ONLY when we play on Halloween day.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back