Bob Welton, Steve Strippling, and Rock Gullickson.

goldenvol

Will any of these staff members be asked to join Coach Pruitt's staff?

Would you prefer any of these and if so who ?

I would be okay with all 3 and really think Bob Welton has had really positive stories surrounding him while on the Hill.

I hope I got the spelling of the names correct.

Reactions: 1 person
It's already been announced that Gillespi is the only coach retained from the previous staff. The rest were told to go straddle a goat!

Reactions: 11 people
Doesn't Rock run S&C for multiple sports programs, not just the football program?

Doesn't Rock run S&C for multiple sports programs, not just the football program?

Yes, but his main job is the football program and the coach normally gets to name this position.

Butch went through 3.

I think this is the case. That is the way I understand it. He is a strength and conditioning guy for all sports stuff not just football.

Striplings name is still on the board. There was pics shown earlier of Pruitts arrival. One of them showed his name as HC and his signature as a sticker was being peeled off to place on whatever the object was. Striplings name appeared under it. Tifwiw

I would be okay with all 3 and really think Bob Welton has had really positive stories surrounding him while on the Hill.

I would rather have someone from the Stuckey tree as S&C

I think some of the other programs have started hiring their own. I don't care how good one guy is, nobody can monitor that many athletes all at once. Until the AD starts winning arguments with the bean counters, these teams are going to be like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.

Welton maybe, Strip and Rock gotta go.

After much deliberation, deep thought, and prayers, I've made a decision to make Peytonmanningwoo the first member of my ignore list. It takes a special kind of person to be named first so kudos to you.

BTW...my father is a psychologist in Knoxville. He's normally very busy, but I can probably pull some strings and get you an appointment.

Reactions: 5 people
Rock should be retained. A good strength and conditioning program takes time to build.

Pretty sure rock and butch go way back and butch brought him here. Why keep him around? You are going to gut the offense and defense. Might as well do s&c too. Jmo

I hope Bob Welton stays on staff in some capacity. I understand the athletes really liked him. And he's a good guy all around.

I hope Bob Welton stays on staff in some capacity. I understand the athletes really liked him. And he's a good guy all around.

Bob Welton did not evaluate well imo, sure a blind squirrel can find a nut every once in a while, but overall was terrible.

Bob Welton did not evaluate well imo, sure a blind squirrel can find a nut every once in a while, but overall was terrible.

I fully disagree. He brought some great talent here, we just had TERRIBLE player development. Most of the good talent on this team is in some way linked to Bob.

Reactions: 2 people
I fully disagree. He brought some great talent here, we just had TERRIBLE player development. Most of the good talent on this team is in some way linked to Bob.

Care to elaborate? First what players specifically? Second how Bob direct link? Third how does the few good players not fall into the blind squirrel finding a nut every once in a while?

VN Store

Back