Who does Pruitt play for?

OrangeSoddyDaisy

I have never heard of a situation where a major football school hired a new coach, but the new coach remained at the original school, an arch rival school, to help them for another 6 weeks.

Why would the new coach want to do that?
Why would the head coach (Saban) allow it?
Why would the new employer (UT) allow it?
Why are we putting up with it?

Don't make excuses or lame justifications. We need all his time and energy here now. We have lost the fan base, recruits, and our reputation.

Today, is our new coach for us or is he for Alabama?

Reactions: 12 people
It's too early to be that drunk. PS: There is plenty of precedence for allowing a coach to finish in his current job while executing the duties of the new job. Do some research.

Reactions: 79 people
Because he made a commitment to those kids and he’s not going to leave them hanging. All covered in his presser

Reactions: 23 people
I have never heard of a situation where a major football school hired a new coach, but the new coach remained at the original school, an arch rival school, to help them for another 6 weeks.

Don't make excuses or lame justifications. We need all his time and energy here now. We have lost the fan base, recruits, and our reputation.

I've always heard there's something wrong with the water in Soddy-Daisy, but please. :no:

Reactions: 4 people

He is loyal and wants to win a national title which will get us recognition all during the playoffs and with recruits

Saban wants to win a national title because he gave one away last year with his f ing stubbornness towards Kiffin

Because they like that he is loyal and sees a job through, and they know it will help us in recruiting with exposure

Same again, plus it's the dead period most of this time and he can do basically all he can do daily and still carry on his duties for the playoff game(s)

Reactions: 4 people
I gained respect for him for this. He is dedicated to his players. Even if he is leaving he said it himself- something along the lines of "I made a commitment to the University of Tennessee...but I also made a prior commitment to the players at the University of Alabama." I have no problem with him doing this. Shows that he follows through on his words.

Reactions: 25 people

If you listened to the Press Conference, CJP said he would be here until the dead period which if I'm not wrong is from dec the 18th until jan the 11th. That gives him a window to coach up and honor his commitment to the players he helped recruit. The man sat in the homes of these kids and as a man of his word is honoring his commitment to his players and these young men.

I for one applaud this course and if that's the way he handles himself we are lucky to have him. Practice what you preach. I'm all in!

Reactions: 11 people

giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 people
He is loyal and wants to win a national title which will get us recognition all during the playoffs and with recruits

Saban wants to win a national title because he gave one away last year with his f ing stubbornness towards Kiffin

Because they like that he is loyal and sees a job through, and they know it will help us in recruiting with exposure

Same again, plus it's the dead period most of this time and he can do basically all he can do daily and still carry on his duties for the playoff game(s)
Lame justification(s)

1) As the head coach at UT, Pruitt is hiring some quality assistants from teams in the current playoff, ie Kevin Sherrer at Georgia

2) As defensive coordinator at Alabama, there is an opportunity to coach against an opponent that has a depleted coaching staff, ie Kevin Sherrer at Georgia, or in the least a new subordinate.

Is this a conflict of interest?

If you listened to the Press Conference, CJP said he would be here until the dead period which if I'm not wrong is from dec the 18th until jan the 11th. That gives him a window to coach up and honor his commitment to the players he helped recruit. The man sat in the homes of these kids and as a man of his word is honoring his commitment to his players and these young men.

I for one applaud this course and if that's the way he handles himself we are lucky to have him. Practice what you preach. I'm all in!
Do we need him here more or does he need to be at Alabama more?

Take a deep breath. The guy wants to finish what he started & feels an obligation to finish the season for his players. I don’t have a problem with it. In fact, every time he is seen on the sideline it will certainly drive conversation that he’s the next coach at the University of Tennessee and can do some positive things for recruiting.

Get over it.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back