Hyams: Schiano's MOU not valid

As a former international Union President, I can tell you an MOU mean nothing until executed by all parties.

Reactions: 13 people
I'll be glad when this name is never mentioned again with Tennessee Athletics.

And if he wants to be deposed in court, I'm sure our lawyers will have some interesting questions regarding his time with Sandusky at Penn State.

Reactions: 8 people
This gets into the argument over apparent authority. Luckily, Schiano is represented by the highly capable Jimmy Sexton whom I am sure read through everything and completely understood what it was going to take for the MOU to be legally binding.

On the flip side, based on chatter from this morning, it sounds like Tennessee may end up paying Currie his entire buyout. Will be interesting to see whether he was/will be fired with cause, or not.

On the flip side, based on chatter from this morning, it sounds like Tennessee may end up paying Currie his entire buyout. Will be interesting to see whether he was/will be fired with cause, or not.

What chatter Freak? I’ve been googling him regularly to see if there are any updates but don’t see anything?

Will be VERY difficult to get out of paying Currie IMO. Didn't UF end up paying McElwain a $5 million settlement after "firing for cause"?

Reactions: 2 people
If Greg decides to sue the university, NOT BEING A LAWYER, I don't see any legs to paying this man. Good riddance and I hope we put this behind us FAST!

Is the university still pursuing cause to fire? Sorry just asking.

Will be VERY difficult to get out of paying Currie IMO. Didn't UF end up paying McElwain a $5 million settlement after "firing for cause"?

What makes no sense is that Currie's buyout is more than what the contract was even worth. Who the hell wrote it?

Reactions: 3 people
What makes no sense is that Currie's buyout is more than what the contract was even worth. Who the hell wrote it?

I would just suspend with pay and keep him on the patrol instead of hitting or terminating him since it would cost more. Unless benefits caused them to go above the buyout salary.

I heard on Sports Source that Currie's buyout is actually more expensive than keeping him on staff. Perhaps we should just keep him on until his contract runs out. I'm sure that we could find something for him to do.. :)

I heard on Sports Source that Currie's buyout is actually more expensive than keeping him on staff. Perhaps we should just keep him on until his contract runs out. I'm sure that we could find something for him to do.. :)

This comes to mind :)

houston_pooper_scooper_6.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
If we wind up having to pay him does that mean he was our coach for however long it lasted?

It never fails. The camera tends to find him on the sideline. He needs his signature stool.

Bastard is gonna cost me the price of a TV one day when I’ve had one too many beers while watching the cowboys. Yeah they always seem to find him. Luckily an empty beer bottle has not been handy yet.

Reactions: 1 person
If he's going to sue, then he better be willing to have the same stuff he wants kept under wraps to be rehashed all over again

VN Store

Back