Staff Update

UTLEGEND

Austin Price

"former Georgia and Auburn DL coach Tracy Rocker and Florida DL coach Chris Rumph are both in Knoxville and appear set to be a part of Pruitt’s staff.

Additionally I’m told that Will Friend and Tyson Helton are going to see Cade Mays today. Which will allow Jeremy Pruitt and then home visit with the Mays family likely next week."

Reactions: 73 people
Austin Price

"former Georgia and Auburn DL coach Tracy Rocker and Florida DL coach Chris Rumph are both in Knoxville and appear set to be a part of Pruitt’s staff.

Additionally I’m told that Will Friend and Tyson Helton are going to see Cade Mays today. Which will allow Jeremy Pruitt and then home visit with the Mays family likely next week."

Very good news!

Reactions: 4 people
Austin Price

I hope this staff gives other recruits as good as [if not better] than Mays the same amount of attention.

I hope this staff gives other recruits as good as [if not better] than Mays the same amount of attention.

There are very few better than Mays. He's the #2 OT in the country and #16 overall player. You should watch his tapes.

Reactions: 5 people
Austin Price

As a Vols fan, I am not sure I can handle so much good news at one time.:eek:lol:

Reactions: 5 people
Not every staff makes every staff member recruit. I've heard Kirby Smart does. Pruitt may not be dead set on that. With a few of the other solid recruiting guys that are coming in on this staff, they may want to go with a "less hands in the kitchen" mentality.

Some coaches might be better at developing the talent and we need some of those too. Sorely lacking on the last staff (hard to teach with loud music booming all the time though)

Reactions: 3 people
RE: Mayes. If I read the NCAA reg correctly (not a given) In this period only one visit per week per school. Goes dead 12/18 thru 1/11

Probably have to. Mayes has said he wants to go where he can win championships. UT is at least 2 years from contending for the east. Mayes would be here for the rebuild but unless staff can work miracles, mayes won't find what he's looking for in Knoxville. Best forget mayes in orange.

Reactions: 1 person
Probably have to. Mayes has said he wants to go where he can win championships. UT is at least 2 years from contending for the east. Mayes would be here for the rebuild but unless staff can work miracles, mayes won't find what he's looking for in Knoxville. Best forget mayes in orange.

I know that's what he has said but... he was committed here for a long time even though it was clear that we were never going to win a National Championship under Butch Jones. I don't think it would be a miracle at all to pull a legacy from Knoxville who has already been committed here for over two years.

Reactions: 17 people

Callin BS on that one.

Players want to go where they can play IMMEDIATELY.
Players want to go where they get assistance to go high in the Draft.
Players will talk about Championships but could care less....they want to make Jack in the NFL.
Coach Pruitt and his coaches need to share with Mays how many and how high their players have gone in the draft.
I am also sure Fulmer has and will again have sit downs with Dad and son.

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back