Clay Travis actually had a great idea.

14VolFan88

Hugh Freeze at OC. Had the scandal, but the NCAA only suspended him two games as HC, which means he probably wasn't the orchestrator. He can coach all games as a coordinator. That would get me really excited to have a successful former head coach at OC. Talk about a staff.

Pruitt
Freeze
Sherrer.

Plus all the position coaches we are getting. I am nervous about Pruitt, but Freeze at OC would be a monster hire. It might also help us get the best of the best from Ole Miss. Can anyone say Shea Patterson? Then Dormandy and Guarantano can transfer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
The Football Writers Association of America, in conjunction with the Allstate Sugar Bowl, announced eight finalists for the 2017 Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year Award during a National Football Foundation news conference at the New York Hilton Midtown.

Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year Award History

In alphabetical order the eight finalists are: Bill Clark, UAB; Scott Frost, UCF; Lane Kiffin, Florida Atlantic; Jeff Monken, Army; Lincoln Riley, Oklahoma; Kirby Smart, Georgia; Dabo Swinney, Clemson; and Jeff Tedford, Fresno State.

I had never thought about it. I thought with the scandal we would be persona non grata. Hope they are pushing hard for him. I'd make another school outbid me if I was them, then I wouldn't be outbid.

Pruitt has already tapped Tyson Helton of USC for offensive coordinator and this is just an incredibly bad idea anyway. Freeze is a sanctimonious fraud. His name is a running joke right now. We don't need that to win.

Reactions: 18 people
Pruitt has already tapped Tyson Helton of USC for offensive coordinator and this is just an incredibly bad idea anyway. Freeze is a sanctimonious fraud. His name is a running joke right now. We don't need that to win.

Ahh perfect, then Pruitt is as stupid as I thought he was. So let me get this straight.

Rookie HC
Rookie OC
And a DC who was a DC for one year at South Freaking Alabama.

Nice. Real dominate staff there. Keep riding that jock boys.

Reactions: 4 people
The Football Writers Association of America, in conjunction with the Allstate Sugar Bowl, announced eight finalists for the 2017 Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year Award during a National Football Foundation news conference at the New York Hilton Midtown.

Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year Award History

In alphabetical order the eight finalists are: Bill Clark, UAB; Scott Frost, UCF; Lane Kiffin, Florida Atlantic; Jeff Monken, Army; Lincoln Riley, Oklahoma; Kirby Smart, Georgia; Dabo Swinney, Clemson; and Jeff Tedford, Fresno State.

Lot of sportswriters upset that Richt isn't on that list. Took the brunt of that hurricane and you got Kiffen and other coaches in there I know aren't as impressive as Richt in my opinion plus Kirby winning with his recruits. I'm peed off too.

Reactions: 5 people
Hugh Freeze at OC. Had the scandal, but the NCAA only suspended him two games as HC, which means he probably wasn't the orchestrator. He can coach all games as a coordinator. That would get me really excited to have a successful former head coach at OC. Talk about a staff.

Pruitt
Freeze
Sherrer.

Plus all the position coaches we are getting. I am nervous about Pruitt, but Freeze at OC would be a monster hire. It might also help us get the best of the best from Ole Miss. Can anyone say Shea Patterson? Then Dormandy and Guarantano can transfer.

How do we know freeze can coach offense. F that. He was hc not oc. How was their run game? Pruitt wants a balanced offense. Ole miss not balanced.

Get on board brother. Also, never listen to travis. He’s an asshat that panders to his teen to early twenties audience. Read about his kid having head lice and he kicking and screaming bc an airline told him he couldn’t fly story. Selfish. Also, disrespectful to women. Somebody will accuse travis of sexual harassment soon.

Reactions: 3 people
How do we know freeze can coach offense. F that. He was hc not oc. How was their run game? Pruitt wants a balanced offense. Ole miss not balanced.

Get on board brother. Also, never listen to travis. He’s an asshat that panders to his teen to early twenties audience. Read about his kid having head lice and he kicking and screaming bc an airline told him he couldn’t fly story. Selfish. Also, disrespectful to women. Somebody will accuse travis of sexual harassment soon.

I'm not on board. All this talk of a dominate staff and it's a bunch of freaking rookies. Unreal. He's a glorified HS coach.

Reactions: 1 person
Ahh perfect, then Pruitt is as stupid as I thought he was. So let me get this straight.

Rookie HC
Rookie OC

Speaking of stupid why don't you go read up some on Tyson Helton and Doughty the QB of Miami Dolphins and the stats he accumulated at WKU who played Bama tough. He coached under Brohm there plus he'll have Will Friend as an asst. or co-OC. Thanks fan your stupid opinion is allowed.

Reactions: 23 people
Speaking of stupid why don't you go read up some on Tyson Helton and Doughty the QB of Miami Dolphins and the stats he accumulated at WKU who played Bama tough. He coached under Brohm there plus he'll have Will Friend as an asst. or co-OC. Thanks fan your stupid opinion is allowed.

You're the stupid one if you want our top 3 coaching positions filled by rookies. ( Sherrer might as well be a rookie. South f'ing Alabama) And you think that's gonna work. Holy Christ you're an insane person. BTW you mispelled "booster".

I'm not on board. All this talk of a dominate staff and it's a bunch of freaking rookies. Unreal. He's a glorified HS coach.

Quit lying to yourself boy! You're not on board. Sound like you got some kind of da*n coaching pedigree. There would be conflict with Freeze here because he's already been a HC. T.Helton will grow on you. Don't believe me read about him in the USC forums Reign of Troy about how he came in and helped Tee Martin out. All the fans out there know exactly how well he can coach. No, you Mr. UT know it all, want to judge someone you know absolutely nothing about. This negative chit gonna stop. Get on board or stay out of VN with the negative crap!

Reactions: 16 people

He was d coordinator for the best program in the country. Not many glorified high school coaches can claim that. I like him. Look, we ain’t hiring gruden or any big names because Currie took care of that. Also, our fan base has issues with realizing that we are not Tn from 20 years ago. We have to build our brand back up. We are at the we have to hire a coordinator point in our programs history bc all big names are coming here. I like his hires so far.

Reactions: 4 people

Rookie HC
Rookie OC

Bye felicia.

Reactions: 12 people
He was d coordinator for the best program in the country. Not many glorified high school coaches can claim that. I like him. Look, we ain’t hiring gruden or any big names because Currie took care of that. Also, our fan base has issues with realizing that we are not Tn from 20 years ago. We have to build our brand back up. We are at the we have to hire a coordinator point in our programs history bc all big names are coming here. I like his hires so far.

That's not even much of a slam. Georgia and Oklahoma hired coordinators. Dabo Swinney was just a position coach when Clemson promoted him in 2008.

Helton’s not even a rookie OC. A simple google search told me that. Would’ve taken less time for you to do the same than to make your ignorant troll of a post.

Reactions: 5 people
So far, the staff looks solid. Even if we think there may be more talented assistants available, we have to keep in mind how important chemistry is in team sports and anything involving more than one person. I want Pruitt to bring in the guys he thinks he can win with no matter how Haslam, Fulmer, you or I feel about it.

Reactions: 2 people
Or Art Briles.
OCing at UT would provide a golden opportunity for him to redeem himself.
The Volshank Redemption!

Last edited:
That's not even much of a slam. Georgia and Oklahoma hired coordinators. Dabo Swinney was just a position coach when Clemson promoted him in 2008.

It is to some fools on here. I don’t care. I trust phil and literally could care less who we hire. If he does well then he does well. I was ripping the guy that said he didn’t like our staff bc our hc was a glorified high school coach. Read up man before you judge a response I have to another poster.

Hugh can call some ball plays for sure.

You're the stupid one if you want our top 3 coaching positions filled by rookies. ( Sherrer might as well be a rookie. South f'ing Alabama) And you think that's gonna work. Holy Christ you're an insane person. BTW you mispelled "booster".

Wanna quit while you're behind?:crazy:

VN Store

Back