Pruitt Staffers

CookieVol

From Different Threads:
Pruitt wants to keep RG. Offer has been extended and look for paper work to be done

John Brice reporting $5mil for assistants pool. One of the best in the nation....interesting.

Twitter

Confirmed:
OC: Tyson Helton (USC QB Coach/Pass Game Coordinator, former WKU OC under Jeff Brohm)
DC: Kevin Sherrer (Georgia OLB Coach)
RB: Robert Gillespie
OL: Will Friend (Colorado State OC/OL Coach)
Co-DC/OLB: Chris Rumph (Florida DL Coach)
DL: Tracy Rocker (Former Georgia/Auburn DL Coach)
DB: Terry Fair (Colorado State DB Coach)
ST/S: Charles Kelly
TE(?): Brian Niedermeyer - (former assistant director of personnel operations at bama)
WR: David Johnson - (Memphis St WR coach)

Craig Fitzgerald - S&C (previously with Texans)
Tino Sunseri - Offensive / QB QC from FSU
Todd Watson - former director of football operations and high school relations at Troy
Drew Hughes - former director of player personnel at UF

Speculation:

Des Kitchings - NC St
Lawrence Dawsey - fsu wr
Joe Cox - Colorado St
Joe Osovet - juco HC for wr position
Joe Pannunzio - bama TE/ST
Shane Beamer - Georgia TE/ST
Rush Propst
Lance Thompson-Defense
Brian Williams UAB Defense
Brian McClendon SCAR
Tosh Lupoi BAMA OLB
QC (?) - Chris Weinke
Austin Thomas - former general manager at LSU
Vic Viloria - FSU strength and conditioning coach

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 92 people
I have heard Tee and Dale and Terry to simply name a few but I have 0 connections and a ton of interest which is odd to say from where I was about a week ago with this program.

I have heard Tee and Dale and Terry to simply name a few but I have 0 connections and a ton of interest which is odd to say from where I was about a week ago with this program.

I would really like to have Dale Jones back in orange

Reactions: 6 people
My fear is that he never figures out the offensive side of the ball/doesn't hire a good offensive staff. Recruiting and defense should be OK.

Reactions: 1 person
Pruitt told MSU that he would bring Tyson Helton from USC in as his OC if he got the job. No clue if it actually happens, but that's a name to watch. I believe he was the assistant coach of the year in 2016.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Pruitt told MSU that he would bring Tyson Helton from USC in as his OC if got he got the job. No clue if it actually happens, but that's a name to watch. I believe he was the assistant coach of the year in 2016.

how would that work out to pass over Tee at the same school and get the guy who's father coaches there. Is that correct in who we are talking about here or am I missing something?

If they could pull this off:

DC: Tosh Lupoi
LB: Kevin Sherrer
DL: Tracy Rocker or Lance Thompson

That is an all star recruiting defensive staff.

but...but...but...I thought we didn't want any bammers on the staff. That's 3 more. Where does it end?

Oh, the humanity!!!! We must rise up! It takes a full staff of VFL to offset a bammer head coach....

Reactions: 2 people
how would that work out to pass over Tee at the same school and get the guy who's father coaches there. Is that correct in who we are talking about here or am I missing something?

It's a brother, not son, but yes, that is who we are talking about.

Maybe those outside of this message board are just not as enamored with Tee as those on this message board.

Reactions: 5 people
If they could pull this off:

DC: Tosh Lupoi
LB: Kevin Sherrer
DL: Tracy Rocker or Lance Thompson

That is an all star recruiting defensive staff.

But can those guys coach?

We just dispatched a staff that could recruit but not develop talent worth a lick.

Expect Pruitt to hire his old Alabama roommate Will Friend, now the offensive coordinator at Colorado State, as his O-line coach at Tennessee. Friend was instrumental in bringing Pruitt to Georgia, a source told SI.

As for his offensive coordinator spot, USC passing game coordinator/QB coach Tyson Helton (the younger brother of Trojans head coach Clay Helton) is expected to be in the mix. He was an offensive coordinator at Western Kentucky before he came to USC. Kevin Sherrer, a big-time recruiter and linebackers coach at Georgia, who has a history with Pruitt, could be a defensive coordinator target. I’m told Nick Saban also might pursue Sherrer to replace Pruitt as the Tide’s defensive coordinator. Florida defensive line coach Chris Rumph and former Georgia D-line coach Tracy Rocker are likely options for the Vols at defensive line coach. Rumph also could be pursued by Georgia if Sherrer does leave for Knoxville.

I guarantee he will bring in someone that will beef up our players and make them very powerful no more of this ***** ball

Reactions: 1 person
Will Friend had an excellent year as OC at Colorado St. I'd think he'd be in line for another OC job, not just a positional coach, but I certainly won't complain w that.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back