Go Alabama!

Gandalf

The Orange/White Wizard
Lets root for the alabummers to win the championship! Ok, I cant believe I just said that :sick: but hear me out a bit.

I get those of you who are pissed about our new head coach, remaining with the alabummers through the playoffs. You question his loyalty to us, especially since his background is as a homer for bama. And I know this year its different too because of early recruiting.

But I think you are looking at this all wrong, especially for the longer term.

First, no matter what, recruiting this year is going to be tough. You have the Haslams and our corrupt, inept administration to thank for that. That said, Pruitt has been the #1 recruiter in the COUNTRY for multiple years, so if anyone can turn it around, he can. You can say, its not as easy as recruiting at FSU, Ga or bummer but Pruitt was #1 recruiter at all 3 programs. I think I will trust him just a bit. Also, dont you think recruits he contacts are going to want to talk to a guy who is (was just) in the playoffs? Talk about street cred.

Second, I think it helps with recruiting longer term because guys know that he would not leave them in the lurch. I think that he is willing to stay and not just dart off to his next gig says a lot to the guys who will want to play for him (and their parents).

Last, over the near term, the younger guys coming up will look at how many rings this guy has won. You can say "but he was not HC" all you want but kids are going to see rings. Sadly, we are not even in a bowl game and whether bamma wins another NC or not will not have a major difference on their program. But you cant tell me that Pruitt having another NC ring (even from bamma) wont help with his recruiting over the next 2-3 years as we build our program. Guys will listen because they know he is a winner, not just full of slogans.

In 2-3 years perhaps we can be competing for our own NC rings and his record elsewhere will matter much less. But for now, I think it does and why I will root for Bama to win this - surely moreso than Ga who we do not need to get any stronger, Clemson too for that matter. Okies are the only ones who are far enough away to recruit well away from our wheelhouse.

I want our new coach to be in the best position to build us into a monster that will DESTROY his old team. And to do that, for now, for this one day, I can hope they win a shutout. :clapping:

*EDIT*

Yea, I got on my flame retardant suit. I want them to win Bamma 3, OK - 0. Major Defensive game. Cant see why all of you are Clemson fans. :bammer:

DsLbW72.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 people
Lets root for the alabummers to win the championship! Ok, I cant believe I just said that :sick: but hear me out a bit.

I get those of you who are pissed about our new head coach, remaining with the alabummers through the playoffs. You question his loyalty to us, especially since his background is as a homer for bama. And I know this year its different too because of early recruiting.

First, no matter what, recruiting this year is going to be tough. You have the Haslams and our corrupt, inept administration to thank for that. That said, Pruitt has been the #1 recruiter in the COUNTRY for multiple years, so if anyone can turn it around, he can. You can say, its not as easy as recruiting at FSU, Ga or bummer but Pruitt was #1 recruiter at all 3 programs. I think I will trust him just a bit. Also, dont you think recruits he contacts are going to want to talk to a guy who is (was just) in the playoffs? Talk about street cred.

Second, I think it helps with recruiting longer term because guys know that he would not leave them in the lurch. I think that he is willing to stay and not just dart off to his next gig says a lot to the guys who will want to play for him (and their parents).

Last, over the near term, the younger guys coming up will look at how many rings this guy has won. You can say "but he was not HC" all you want but kids are going to see rings. Sadly, we are not even in a bowl game and whether bamma wins another NC or not will not have a major difference on their program. But you cant tell me that Pruitt having another NC ring (even from bamma) wont help with his recruiting over the next 2-3 years as we build our program. Guys will listen because they know he is a winner, not just full of slogans.

In 2-3 years perhaps we can be competing for our own NC rings and his record elsewhere will matter much less. But for now, I think it does and why I will root for Bama to win this - surely moreso than Ga who we do not need to get any stronger, Clemson too for that matter. Okies are the only ones who are far enough away to recruit well away from our wheelhouse.

I want our new coach to be in the best position to build us into a monster that will DESTROY his old team. And to do that, for now, for this one day, I can hope they win a shutout. :clapping:

3-0 Clemson win vs. bama on a late FG so that Coach Pruitt is on campus 1/2/18...

:clapping:

Reactions: 9 people
Absolutely not. That just further delays how long it takes him to get out of there and it doesn't help us a bit. I will never pull for those a$$ hats.

Reactions: 5 people

NO

Reactions: 4 people
The only upside to them winning is if we get a better showcasing of what our defense could become. The downside is Pruitt is off the recruiting trail longer.

I’ll never root for Bama because of Pruitt or any reason period. I hope they lose so he can get here faster and recruit for the good guys.

Reactions: 3 people
Even if I would have to pull for Bama I would never tell it especially on a forum. You will get flamed. I am interested in seeing Alabama’s defense doing good because they will be bragging about our coach and hopefully some will translate to our defense but Bama has freak talent though.

Nope. Hope they lose 10-0 so it doesn't make Pruitt look bad and he can start helping us

As soon as his debauched service for Coach Satan is complete, Coach Pruitt needs to take those filthy crimson rags off and offer them as a sin sacrifice before General Neyland's statue. Orange flames from the Torchbearer will cascade down from Circle park to consume the offering. After which, he will find ornate UT orange garments to wear at Gate 21. There will be peace in the land. :peace2:

Reactions: 5 people
If Alabama could infiltrate Oklahoma, they'd have a lock on collegiate coaching - at least in this season's playoff.

I will pull for them to lose a defensive struggle where the Bama offense turns over the ball in scoring position for the opponent.l so that way it does not reflect badly on CJP.

Nooooooo. Pruitt already has several rings. He doesn’t need another, because that’ll add to satans collection.

Reactions: 2 people
As soon as his debauched service for Coach Satan is complete, Coach Pruitt needs to take those filthy crimson rags off and offer them as a sin sacrifice before General Neyland's statue. Orange flames from the Torchbearer will cascade down from Circle park to consume the offering. After which, he will find ornate UT orange garments to wear at Gate 21. There will be peace in the land. :peace2:
That, my friend, would be a thing of beauty.

VN Store

Back