National/local media reactions for Pruitt hire

VOL 4 Life 83

MODS, can we sticky this thread?

I’d like to see the media reactions for this hire based on the travesty of this coaching search and see how they react to it.

IMO, it’s a great hire

Reactions: 14 people
USC offensive coordinator Tee Martin, a former Tennessee quarterback, who guided the Volunteers to the 1998 national championship, is not expected to return to his alma mater as offensive coordinator, sources told ESPN. Martin was contacted by UT athletics director Phillip Fulmer during the search, but never interviewed for the position.

Mark Schlabach, ESPN Senior Writer

Reactions: 1 person
If Jeremy Pruitt finalizes a deal with Tennessee, the SEC East coaching roster will consist of Florida's Dan Mullen and six former defensive coordinators. Three of them -- Georgia's Kirby Smart, South Carolina's Will Muschamp and Pruitt -- worked under Alabama's Nick Saban.

Mark Schlabach, ESPN Senior Writer

Reactions: 3 people
Louis Riddick
Twitter › LRiddickESPN
Tennessee by pure LUCK just hit a home-run and doesn’t even realize it with Jeremy Pruitt. Favorite this tweet. twitter.com/brett_mc…

Reactions: 31 people
tt McMurphy‏Verified account
@Brett_McMurphy
16m16 minutes ago
More
Sources: Tennessee assistants were informed tonight to come off the road recruiting in anticipation of Alabama DC Jeremy Pruitt being named Vols coach Thursday. Pruitt’s imminent hiring 1st reported by @JimmyHyams

Reactions: 2 people
tt McMurphy‏Verified account
@Brett_McMurphy
16m16 minutes ago
More
LPDH6gQ.jpg

I can't believe it! Jiminy Hyams is gonna actually get credit for being 1st. I saw Mark Schlabach post first myself.

Reactions: 3 people
Louis Riddick
Twitter › LRiddickESPN
Tennessee by pure LUCK just hit a home-run and doesn’t even realize it with Jeremy Pruitt. Favorite this tweet. twitter.com/brett_mc…

This is absoulute garbage, and is a direct contradiction to the BS narrative that ESPN has been spinning: That UT fans should have been grateful to have a coach as good as Schiano willing to come here. Here is a newsflash, Louis Riddick... UT fans ARE DIRECTLY responsible for the fact that TENNESSEE has Pruitt as their head coach. FACT.

Reactions: 66 people
Louis Riddick
Twitter › LRiddickESPN

I hope we LUCK in to a National Championship in a few years also........

Reactions: 9 people
This is absoulute garbage, and is a direct contradiction to the BS narrative that ESPN has been spinning: That UT fans should have been grateful to have a coach as good as Schiano willing to come here. Here is a newsflash, Louis Riddick... UT fans ARE DIRECTLY responsible for the fact that TENNESSEE has Pruitt as their head coach. FACT.

So we're not lucky? I think we are, to have dodged that, dodged Doeren, bench Currie, hired Phil, watched every HC get taken off the board, to landing this guy. And people are *****in cause they don't know what we just got

Reactions: 9 people
LPDH6gQ.jpg

I can't believe it! Jiminy Hyams is gonna actually get credit for being 1st. I saw Mark Schlabach post first myself.

Impossible for Hyams to get credit for reporting Pruitt, because Jimmy already reported that the next HC at UT is Jeff Brohm...:eek:lol:

Reactions: 5 people
So we're not lucky? I think we are, to have dodged that, dodged Doeren, bench Currie, hired Phil, watched every HC get taken off the board, to landing this guy. And people are *****in cause they don't know what we just got

It's crazy how many will complain like they just got ripped off when they got an upgrade to what they were expecting.

Reactions: 4 people
Amy Lawrence on CBS Sports Radio opened her show with Pruitt. She has Charles Davis on right now... all NFL talk so far. TN discussion is coming up.

Edit: Charles was pre-recorded... he didn't address the Pruitt hire.

Last edited:

I’d like to see the media reactions for this hire based on the travesty of this coaching search and see how they react to it.

IMO, it’s a great hire
Who gives a f### what the national media thinks they've been dogging Tennessee and Tennessee fans for years.We could hire Jesus himself and they would say we made a horrific decision that Satan is sitting down there just waiting to be called up.

Reactions: 15 people

IMO, it’s a great hire

I think it's a great hire considering....but the media is the one that has been over-the-top on coverage and negative coverage.The fans objected to a bad hire,simple as that. Move on.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back