Who Thinks Phil will hire the wrong guy?

Who thinks Phil Will hire the wrong guy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think he will hire the best coach he can get.

Now whether that guy is the wrong or the right guy is a question that won’t be answered for a few months. While I don’t expect him to turn us around in year 1 I think that showing marked improvement isn’t too much to ask.

Reactions: 1 person
You ever think that maybe, just maybe, Phil knows more about football than any of us do? Not saying that is the fact, but hey, it could be possible I guess!

Reactions: 4 people
I would say we will be back here in 3 years but he will hold on to a bad hire a few more years so I would say 5! once leach wanted the job no dc hire is gonna thrill until I see what he does, no more blind following a coach for me. Put up or shut up!

No matter who he hires, there will be a bunch of fans who think they could have done a better job and hired a better coach

well, whomever it is...get used to it or leave if you don't like the hire...we all have a choice...:)

GO AD FULMER AND GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm, the right guys are not available. He also doesn't seem to be serious about hiring Tee. The "contact" was probably a how's the family type of phone call.

Never going to satisfy 100% of the fan base. Suck it up buttercup, your going along for the ride.

I remember the Major's years,and they were not all that great except for 85.Then came the Fulmer years and that is the best football I have seen in Knoxville in my lifetime. Having said that it amazes me how much people dislike Philip Fulmer.

There's more involved than just hiring the "right guy". Politics. I'm sure that Kiffin would win at UT...but Fulmer doesn't like him so he's out. Then you have a contingent of the fan base that doesn't want a "bammer" no wonder how many wins he'd bring us. What is the "right guy"?

I bet you Leach would win big here and add a ton of excitement...but he cusses alot and his "personality" might not fit with Bev and company. So...it's more than just about winning...when that's what it should mainly be about. Imo.

I remember the Major's years,and they were not all that great except for 85.Then came the Fulmer years and that is the best football I have seen in Knoxville in my lifetime. Having said that it amazes me how much people dislike Philip Fulmer.

He had only two losing years and won us a NC for the first time since the late 60s. Everyone somehow thinks he ran the program into the ground though.

Should have made this "Will Phil hire the Right Guy". Your question is .........meh.

89 and 90 were pretty darn good too. Three sec titles in a six year span - I’d take it again in a heartbeat. I wish old Phil the best while he makes the choice. The results of that choice will cement his legacy, for better or for worse.

I don't like or not like, I don't trust. Fulmer and his teams underperformed for MOST of his career. I have heard it said more than once that his recruited talent kept him out of trouble. Give him less than excellent talent and he isn't the god you make him out to be.

how do you determine if it is the "wrong guy" - by name... or after they assemble staff and what they can do with the program?

VN Store

Back