Taylor Zarzour and Greg McElroy

uvavol

On their show this morning, McElroy said Fulmer as AD was a terrible idea and no coach will want the job due to Fulmer calling the shots and only Wisconsin can pull that off. Zarzour started slinging thre BS as usual stating Fulmer was the most manipulative man in college football and that's also the opinion of many coaches. McElroy is McElroy so I understand his stupidity. But what the hell is zarzour even talking about?

Reactions: 3 people
You need to lay off the shows with the brain dead commentators. Who cares what they think anyway and if they don’t realize he is an upgrade then they are flat out nuts.

Reactions: 5 people
Zarzour grew up in Alabama. McElroy played at Alabama. Of course they hate Phil. He owned them

Reactions: 19 people
I agree with the fact Fulmer was a bad idea. I know he wants the best for the university but his best does not align with THE best. He will use too much heart and not enough objective mind. His hiring means Leach and Kiffing get no shot while we either go retread or coordinator route which makes no sense.

Bringing in Blackburn I bet would have opened us up to an unbiased search and most likely what in the end would be better results. We will see soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
They both have killed UT at every chance ever since that show started. Both are bammers and take every shot they can at the Vols. Don't forget that bammers still believe Phil is who got them on probation years ago

Reactions: 4 people
You’re not going to find someone outside of Tennessee saying something good about Tennessee right now.

Reactions: 19 people
they are just scared we may actually get better

just more proof it doesn't matter what we do some are going to trash us

we could hire saban right now and some would be saying it's a terrible hire and we blew it

Reactions: 4 people
On their show this morning, McElroy said Fulmer as AD was a terrible idea and no coach will want the job due to Fulmer calling the shots and only Wisconsin can pull that off. Zarzour started slinging thre BS as usual stating Fulmer was the most manipulative man in college football and that's also the opinion of many coaches. McElroy is McElroy so I understand his stupidity. But what the hell is zarzour even talking about?

Geez....are these guys on Haslam's payroll also?

You’re not going to find someone outside of Tennessee saying something good about Tennessee right now.

I’m in Georgia, and I love Tennessee and think they’re awesome!😜😜

Reactions: 2 people
I'm a Fulmer fan who very fondly remembers the '90s. However, Fulmer trying to land a coach he can manipulate is a very real possibility. Fulmer trying to land a coach who will adhere to his old-school way of thinking is an even bigger possibility.

I didn't mind the Fulmer-as-AD move because we were in a pinch. But I would've preferred Blackburn and I will be shocked if we end up with a good coach out of this, just to be completely honest.

Reactions: 6 people
I agree with the fact Fulmer was a bad idea. I know he wants the best for the university but his best does not align with THE best...
And you know this because he's been in the job for 3 days?

...Bringing in Blackburn I bet would have opened us up to an unbiased search and most likely what in the end would be better results. We will see soon.
Blackburn is not available at this time. There are personal issues. No need to push him into a place to fail. If he's ready, I'm sure his name will be popular when Fulmer's done with his "at-will" term.

McElroy is so green in commentating he doesn't have a clue what a "good" AD looks like.
And Zarzour....get outta here with that newbie. "he knows less about football than he does about fornicating!"

These greenhorns are just looking to have something to say, to sound relevant.
They will look like the little school girls when it is all over.

I agree with the fact Fulmer was a bad idea. I know he wants the best for the university but his best does not align with THE best. He will use too much heart and not enough objective mind. His means Leach and Kiffing get no shot while we either go retread or coordinator route which makes no sense.

Bringing in Blackburn I bet would have opened us up to an unbiased search and most likely what in the end would be better results. We will see soon.

Successful football is all about heart. Even more so at UT. I, for one, want CPF to make a BIASED decision.

It's not just about x' and o's... in college football, it's also about Jimmy's and Joe's. Being taught how to win is part of getting an education at UT.

The biggest problem with college "fandom," nowadays... is that it is misplaced. Some college fans would be better off rooting for an NFL team. Those guys are being paid to entertain and, thus, winning is the mission & hiring a coach can be all about analytics associated with winning.

The mission in college is to educate... and educate in accordance with a specific cultural point of view in mind. At UT, for example, being taught how to win the Tennessee way.

BTW - This isn't meant to be overly critical of your post. (I put a "like" on it.) I just think guys like Zarzour and McElroy need to grow up, some... and remember the primary mission of a university is to educate. If they can't do that, then they need to cover the NFL.

Reactions: 5 people
I can understand why many inside Tennessee's Power Board don't want Kiffin back. Its not just Fulmer, trust me. If you are ever in business for yourself and some of you may be, but it is very difficult for you to build a bridge again after the other guy burnt it and kiffin clearly burnt the bridge when he stormed out of Knoxville that night.

I said it then and I say it now, it was the worst thing that could have happened to him. He took USC at the worst time (probation looming) and got them thru the mess. Sometimes your dream job doesn't come up at the right time and it didn't for Kiffin.

I agree with the fact Fulmer was a bad idea. I know he wants the best for the university but his best does not align with THE best. He will use too much heart and not enough objective mind. His means Leach and Kiffing get no shot while we either go retread or coordinator route which makes no sense.

Kiffin didn't get consideration from any of the other 5 openings in the SEC this year either. People need to understand that he has burned a ton of bridges and is viewed as immature (because he is). He isn't getting an SEC HC gig anytime soon. Hell even other big conferences don't appear interested. Oregon State and Arizona State made no mention about Kiffin. He doesn't even appear to be on UCF's radar either.

As far as Leach goes, anyone's guess is good as the other. May be Leach is no longer interested.

To hell with the National media. We need to worry about us and tell everyone else to piss off.

And then when we end up with Pruitt, Morris, or Venables, they'll all change their tune and give us a round of "attaboys" and move on.

Stop listening to outsiders..Holy **** we didnt have time to do a national search for someone to do a national search.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back