Venzell Boulware and Jauan Jennings

rocky top buzz

What are the chances Fulmer does anything to keep these two involved in the program with a new coach? I may have missed it but if neither has filed transfer paperwork, can they return to the team?

I know Jennings would have to be reinstated but Boulware announced he was leaving at the peak of the dumpster fire; can he return?

Reactions: 4 people
What are the chances Fulmer does anything to keep these two involved in the program with a new coach? I may have missed it but if neither has filed transfer paperwork, can they return to the team?

I know Jennings would have to be reinstated but Boulware announced he was leaving at the peak of the dumpster fire; can he return?

Onward and upward. Jennings made 5 big catches in two seasons. His head is to large. Time to move on from him after the character issues he has presented. Hit the reset button and move on. Injured and not around the team shows he is not a team player, sitting in the stands during a game is pathetic. Reeves Maybe out after the first game of the season last year....on the sideline waving a towel all season long.

Reactions: 12 people
Onward and upward. Jennings made 5 big catches in two seasons. His head is to large. Time to move on from him after the character issues he has presented. Hit the reset button and move on. Injured and not around the team shows he is not a team player, sitting in the stands during a game is pathetic. Reeves Maybe out after the first game of the season last year....on the sideline waving a towel all season long.
Jennings needs to come back. So what, he called out the coaching. We have called out the whole damn University and threatened to turn our backs. Like with Herd, no one really knows what was going on. People are always quick to call vocal players, toxic. Jennings is worth 2-3 wins and is the only player on the whole squad who plays like he has a pair

Reactions: 7 people
No way in hell do you put Jennings back in that locker room. Fulmer remembers full well the Kelly Washington nightmare. Not worth it...especially with a new head coach. Tough enough as it is. Don't need the headaches.

Reactions: 20 people
Jennings needs to come back. So what, he called out the coaching. We have called out the whole damn University and threatened to turn our backs. Like with Herd, no one really knows what was going on. People are always quick to call vocal players, toxic. Jennings is worth 2-3 wins and is the only player on the whole squad who plays like he has a pair

It was more than calling out the current staff. Assuming some of his other infractions are accurate, he doesn't deserve to wear the orange.

Reactions: 12 people

Ridiculous. Accepting him back gives any player on the roster the green light to blast off on twitter or insta the first time they get benched or don’t “get their touches”. You can’t open that Pandora’s box. Jennings thought social media likes were more important than remaining with the team so I say good riddance.

Reactions: 13 people
No way in hell do you put Jennings back in that locker room. Fulmer remembers full well the Kelly Washington nightmare. Not worth it...especially with a new head coach. Tough enough as it is. Don't need the headaches.

Ok but what about Boulware? Who can blame him for leaving when he wasn't getting any coaching? Development at this point could be the difference between being him being a multi-millionaire, or one of thousands with a bachelors degree fighting for a job.

Reactions: 3 people
Nope. Once you quit, off you go.

From the ole Bear Bryant, Junction Boys, school of thought on that topic.

Reactions: 4 people
Nope. Once you quit, off you go.

From the ole Bear Bryant, Junction Boys, school of thought on that topic.

I disagree completely. This isn't like quiting because you weren't tough enough. In fact the administration agreed with Boulware because they fired the coach! Seems like a good opportunity to reconcile.

Reactions: 2 people
I’d rather the new coach make that decision.

Agree. JJ is just as frustrated as everyone else is and got tired of living the nightmare where no one seemed like they had the balls to admit the obvious. He did and got "fired" because if it. Maybe not the most mature decision but, he's young and deserves another chance to learn from it and move on. If he's a cancer to the team, a new coach and the team will take care of it.

Whoa there buddy, pump the brakes on that claim.

I disagree completely. This isn't like quiting because you weren't tough enough. In fact the administration agreed with Boulware because they fired the coach! Seems like a good opportunity to reconcile.

They didn't commit to Coach Jones; they committed to the University of Tennessee.

If you allow young men to quit & return, everyone will quit during tough times.

With that said, I never heard the details of the Boulware situation. Do you know the scoop?

We need them back. College kids make stupid mistakes and especially since our coaching staff/program was running off the tracks. Bring them back with a short leash.

Having standards of behavior for players is not a holier than thou stance.

Maybe if he had better leadership he wouldn't have done the stuff that he did. I'd say let the new coach + team decide on letting him come back. Imo he should have been suspended indefinitely, until the new coach was hired so that he could make the decision.

I get where you're coming from and it's not right that he didn't support his teammates. But it's apparent that his coaches didn't enforce any discipline towards him. I believe in 2nd chances and think that he should get a chance to return, if he was willing to put in the work and show that he has changed. Suspend him for the first game, or make him run extra laps, but don't kick him off the team.

Reactions: 6 people
Whoa there buddy, pump the brakes on that claim.

I believe we would have beaten Florida with Jennings, so that claim of him being able to win us 2 games isn’t far off for this year’s team.

Edit: We probably would have beaten South Carolina and maybe Kentucky with him too.

Last edited:

Not a chance Fulmer would give Jennings the time of day after what he did publicly. Not gonna happen.

Maybe if he had better leadership he wouldn't have done the stuff that he did. I'd say let the new coach + team decide on letting him come back. Imo he should have been suspended indefinitely, until the new coach was hired so that he could make the decision.

I get where you're coming from and it's not right that he didn't support his teammates. But it's apparent that his coaches didn't enforce any discipline towards him. I believe in 2nd chances and think that he should get a chance to return, if he was willing to put in the work and show that he has changed. Suspend him for the first game, or make him run extra laps, but don't kick him off the team.

If you are referring to Jennings, he literally kicked himself off the team. Walked out of practice and then profanely dissed the team and coaches to the whole watching world.

I'd give him an hour alone in a room with Al Wilson. If they come out and Al says he's worth a second chance, then let Jennings make his case to the new coach and to his teammates.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back