Gotta read this.

CDCman

This was a post from UT booster on Twitter. Interesting read. Fact or Fiction??

Here's what REALLY happened at UT, not what you saw & heard at the press conference:
Remember that you read this here first:
Ergen, Thornton, & Davis, among others, had enough of Haslam's pick for AD botching the coaching hire & embarrassing our/their alma mater. It was becoming a bad reflection on them as businessmen to be portrayed in such a bad light nationally, since they are known to be prominent donors to UT.
They gave Davenport an ultimatum & she called Currie in off the road. He went anyway on a plane owned by one of his KSU donors at his former school, which is why no one could find him or contact him yesterday.
Peyton had aligned himself with the Haslams, & one rumor is that he has been offered a piece of the Browns to run them when they inevitably clean house for the second time at the end of the season. Other rumors abound that the Haslams have promised the Mannings they will help them be able to acquire another NFL franchise or a piece of one.
Leach is really interested in this job, but probably won't get it now. That's a real shame, because he & Kiffin are the two best coaches we could have hired, & Spurrier said so today on Finebaum. They know how to recruit & build a staff & run offenses that deploy their weapons to the utmost on the field.
Just a few hours ago, it was Haslam & Manning aligned on one side, pitted against Ergen, Thornton, & Davis on the other. They contacted Fulmer, who met them at the airport. Haslam & Manning wanted Sigmon named interim AD. The others wanted Fulmer & said they were ending their donations if he wasn't given the job on some basis.
Ergen was giving $35M annually to UT when Fulmer was here as coach & has only given $10M annually since. He told UT he would make up for any shortfall in what the Haslams may withhold.
You can tell that Davenport is in way over her head in this job & was visibly shaken at the press conference. She didn't know how to answer any of the questions.
The reason Currie didn't use a search firm is that he was given a list of 3 coaches to interview by Haslam that Davenport signed off on. In order, they were 1. Gruden, 2. Kelly, & 3. Schiano. Gruden was already signed & ready to come, as some of these other boosters had already gotten his agreement, but Haslam nixed the hire because Gruden wanted total control of the program like Saban has at Bama & Meyer at OSU, & Haslam was determined not to let go of his control of everything.
By the time Currie got to Kelly, he had already been approached by both Florida & UCLA, & had decided to go to one of those places. Currie went to the Bahamas knowing he was going to offer Schiano when he got back home. It was only when the firestorm hit on Sunday that Currie had to go beyond the original Haslam list, which is when we got started getting turned down by so many others. Currie made a last ditch attempt to save his job by going for Leach, but he wasn't authorized by Haslam or Davenport to be contacted.
Now, the rest of this is speculation, but maybe more educated guess than conjecture:
Cutcliffe, now age 63, & Miles, age 64, will be the two top targets now for HC, with Tee Martin as OC brought in under either of them & groomed to be their successor. That's the plan. Might involve Chavis or Steele as DC. Should have a hire within 48 hours.
Not sure where they will go if this plan doesn't fall through. Only thing that bothers me about Fulmer in this search is that there will probably be no "outside the box" thinking & any new blood other than Tee. Also, he went with Currie to interview Doeren in NC & had signed off on his hire, which would have been a disastrous hire, so it was just fortuitous for us that he turned us down.

Reactions: 29 people
Good Read - fictional or not. My thoughts though are:

Now that Davenport and the Board of Trustees are finally involved with this search, WHY can't we go back to Gruden and say "the team is yours - you have all power to do as you please" ??

Reactions: 51 people
if Gruden was signed, as this thing says, then they truly are retarded if that isnt the starting point for this new search. Give that man what he wants, and itll be 5 years before the fan base comes down off the high of signing Gruden after all this. Literally a license to print money.

We signed gruden, halsams nixed it, we get rid of the haslams.....and sign les miles? How does that make sense. Go get Gruden and quit messing around.

Or this thing could be a lie, and we never had Gruden....so we have to go get les miles.

Reactions: 30 people
I know Twitter recently increased the number of characters per tweet but I don't believe it was enough to accommodate this. :lolabove::hi:

Reactions: 21 people
This was a post from UT booster on Twitter. Interesting read. Fact or Fiction??

Here's what REALLY happened at UT, not what you saw & heard at the press conference:
Remember that you read this here first:
Ergen, Thornton, & Davis, among others, had enough of Haslam's pick for AD botching the coaching hire & embarrassing our/their alma mater. It was becoming a bad reflection on them as businessmen to be portrayed in such a bad light nationally, since they are known to be prominent donors to UT.
They gave Davenport an ultimatum & she called Currie in off the road. He went anyway on a plane owned by one of his KSU donors at his former school, which is why no one could find him or contact him yesterday.
Peyton had aligned himself with the Haslams, & one rumor is that he has been offered a piece of the Browns to run them when they inevitably clean house for the second time at the end of the season. Other rumors abound that the Haslams have promised the Mannings they will help them be able to acquire another NFL franchise or a piece of one.
Leach is really interested in this job, but probably won't get it now. That's a real shame, because he & Kiffin are the two best coaches we could have hired, & Spurrier said so today on Finebaum. They know how to recruit & build a staff & run offenses that deploy their weapons to the utmost on the field.
Just a few hours ago, it was Haslam & Manning aligned on one side, pitted against Ergen, Thornton, & Davis on the other. They contacted Fulmer, who met them at the airport. Haslam & Manning wanted Sigmon named interim AD. The others wanted Fulmer & said they were ending their donations if he wasn't given the job on some basis.
Ergen was giving $35M annually to UT when Fulmer was here as coach & has only given $10M annually since. He told UT he would make up for any shortfall in what the Haslams may withhold.
You can tell that Davenport is in way over her head in this job & was visibly shaken at the press conference. She didn't know how to answer any of the questions.
The reason Currie didn't use a search firm is that he was given a list of 3 coaches to interview by Haslam that Davenport signed off on. In order, they were 1. Gruden, 2. Kelly, & 3. Schiano. Gruden was already signed & ready to come, as some of these other boosters had already gotten his agreement, but Haslam nixed the hire because Gruden wanted total control of the program like Saban has at Bama & Meyer at OSU, & Haslam was determined not to let go of his control of everything.
By the time Currie got to Kelly, he had already been approached by both Florida & UCLA, & had decided to go to one of those places. Currie went to the Bahamas knowing he was going to offer Schiano when he got back home. It was only when the firestorm hit on Sunday that Currie had to go beyond the original Haslam list, which is when we got started getting turned down by so many others. Currie made a last ditch attempt to save his job by going for Leach, but he wasn't authorized by Haslam or Davenport to be contacted.
Now, the rest of this is speculation, but maybe more educated guess than conjecture:
Cutcliffe, now age 63, & Miles, age 64, will be the two top targets now for HC, with Tee Martin as OC brought in under either of them & groomed to be their successor. That's the plan. Might involve Chavis or Steele as DC. Should have a hire within 48 hours.
Not sure where they will go if this plan doesn't fall through. Only thing that bothers me about Fulmer in this search is that there will probably be no "outside the box" thinking & any new blood other than Tee. Also, he went with Currie to interview Doeren in NC & had signed off on his hire, which would have been a disastrous hire, so it was just fortuitous for us that he turned us down.

can you post that much on twitter

Reactions: 17 people
What is this? Plot lines for "As The World Turns" soap opera?

The only subject matter missing is an illicit sex scandle, cocaine, and a dead hooker!

Reactions: 13 people
if Gruden was signed, as this thing says, then they truly are retarded if that isnt the starting point for this new search. Give that man what he wants, and itll be 5 years before the fan base comes down off the high of signing Gruden after all this. Literally a license to print money.

We signed gruden, halsams nixed it, we get rid of the haslams.....and sign les miles? How does that make sense. Go get Gruden and quit messing around.

Or this thing could be a lie, and we never had Gruden....so we have to go get les miles.
agreed, seems like Haslams wings have been clipped, so go get Gruden

Reactions: 6 people
Glad to hear about Egren and that commitment and hope it’s real. That’s exactly what we need. Somebody to tell the university that if you ignore the Haslam influence you will not see a net donation loss.

Reactions: 3 people
This is an issue for me..

...but Haslam nixed the hire because Gruden wanted total control of the program like Saban has at Bama & Meyer at OSU, & Haslam was determined not to let go of his control of everything.

How in the name of everything sane can a booster nix a hire? He is not on the board nor was he part of the HC search committee... so that blows my mind. The only way that has legs is that Haslam has the enough of the weaker minded board members under his direct control. Which needs to be nipped in the bud, if true.

Reactions: 8 people

...but Haslam nixed the hire because Gruden wanted total control of the program like Saban has at Bama & Meyer at OSU, & Haslam was determined not to let go of his control of everything.

How in the name of everything sane can a booster nix a hire? He is not on the board nor was he part of the HC search committee... so that blows my mind. The only way that has legs is that Haslam has the enough of the weaker minded board members under his direct control. Which needs to be nipped in the bud, if true.

It's absolutely true. His brother is the Governor and head of the board. Currie was hand picked by him. Literally walked into the room, said this guy here is AD. I don't even think he was interviewed by the hiring committee. And it was done. At least that's the story of many in the situation.

Furthermore, Haslam had already tried to hire Schiano for the Browns. Apparently he owes him something. I am thinking hush money.

Reactions: 5 people
Hey I can believe especially Fulmers top target. Cut head coach but not sure Tee will bite.

It's absolutely true. His brother is the Governor and head of the board. Currie was hand picked by him. Literally walked into the room, said this guy here is AD. I don't even think he was interviewed by the hiring committee. And it was done. At least that's the story of many in the situation.

Furthermore, Haslam had already tried to hire Schiano for the Browns. Apparently he owes him something. I am thinking hush money.

Yeah... I keep reading Gov. Haslam does not "want nor should be" involved in picking a head coach. That likely is a load of BS and the real Haslam to worry about may be the one in Nashville.

So... the game to watch is Cleveland-Haslam wants this or that, and he gets Nashville-Haslam to do his bidding.

But... not sure, I just don't hear much about Bill H. in the discussions.

Reactions: 3 people
Someone tell me why Haslam has so much say and influence over the hire and who to hire than Ergen, Thorton or someone else?

Reactions: 2 people
If it's true that Peyton is aligned like this w the Haslams , he should be dead to this program.

For real. Why would Peyton sell his soul to be the GM/partial owner or any part of the worst franchise in the NFL? He can be a GM at anywhere he wanted.

Reactions: 5 people

That bud has long since turned into a 100ft tall hickory tree.

Reactions: 1 person
That post can be found, but not on twitter unless someone just linked to it. It was a forum post on one of the many "TOS" forums.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back