Bo Pelini

Booker512

Guy is making less than $1,000,000 a year. Has won everywhere he’s ever coached. His Players absolutely worship the man everywhere he goes. He’s bold and brash like Kiffin but without the loyalty issues.

He had some secret footage video of him complaining about fans in private that ruined his career. I think he got fired for something that, in all honesty, a public apology would have easily fixed. That’s my opinion. Give him a 3 year, $3 million a year contract with huge incentive bonuses for SEC wins.

Nebraska regrets firing him to this day. That Turned their program into a dumpster fire.

Reactions: 1 person
Guy is making less than $1,000,000 a year. Has won everywhere he’s ever coached. His Players absolutely worship the man everywhere he goes. He’s bold and brash like Kiffin but without the loyalty issues.

He had some secret footage video of him complaining about fans in private that ruined his career. I think he got fired for something that, in all honesty, a public apology would have easily fixed. That’s my opinion. Give him a 3 year, $3 million a year contract with huge incentive bonuses for SEC wins.

Nebraska regrets firing him to this day. That Turned their program into a dumpster fire.

There is no way a 3 year, $3M / year contract is getting Pelini to pick up the phone.

We could do worse but I think we can still do better. Today proved we are willing to pony up. Now isn't the time for a panic hire.

Reactions: 2 people

I don't think they regret firing him. I think they regret that they didn't make a better choice to succeed him.

Pelini didn't have the self-discipline needed to be a championship coach. That tape was just the tip of the iceberg, and he'd done a bunch of other stuff before that and had to apologize for it. He never learned his lesson, though.

There's a reason why he went 67-27 and still ended up coaching an FCS program.

Reactions: 1 person

If he complained about fans, this isn't the place for him, because they are running the program here.

Maybe getting canned for it woke him up a bit.

Many people make the argument Lane Kiffin has grown for after being tossed around a bit. But he’s still on twitter typing away. Dunno why the same logic doesn’t apply to Pelini.

We know our Defense would be the strength of the team here.

Go look up Pelini’s resume’. It’s a lot more impressive than I think most people know. Assistant with the Green Bay packers, Pete Carroll’s Patriots. Was an assistant at the 49ers when they won the Super Bowl. Won a national championship at Oklahoma with Bob Stoops back in the early 2000’s. Won a natty at LSU under Les Miles. Nebraska had double digit win totals every year but 2 he was there. Won his division there 4 times. Took Youngstown state to the FCS national championship game in his 2nd season there.

Winning follows Pelini around. If he had that level of success in Knoxville, he wouldn’t have to worry about fans. We would be building statues of him not b!tching him out of town.

Maybe getting canned for it woke him up a bit.

Many people make the argument Lane Kiffin has grown for after being tossed around a bit. But he’s still on twitter typing away. Dunno why the same logic doesn’t apply to Pelini.

We know our Defense would be the strength of the team here.

Go look up Pelini’s resume’. It’s a lot more impressive than I think most people know. Assistant with the Green Bay packers, Pete Carroll’s Patriots. Was an assistant at the 49ers when they won the Super Bowl. Won a national championship at Oklahoma with Bob Stoops back in the early 2000’s. Won a natty at LSU under Les Miles. Nebraska had double digit win totals every year but 2 he was there. Won his division there 4 times. Took Youngstown state to the FCS national championship game in his 2nd season there.

Winning follows Pelini around. If he had that level of success in Knoxville, he wouldn’t have to worry about fans. We would be building statues of him not b!tching him out of town.
You may be right but while Kiffin can be a douche Bo has always had a hair trigger temper. I think his fuse and TN Football would be a bad mix.

well, we already got butch on the sideline saying F 'em all...at least pellini was doing it in what he thought was the privacy of his own office.

plus, does he still have that cat?

well, we already got butch on the sideline saying F 'em all...at least pellini was doing it in what he thought was the privacy of his own office.

plus, does he still have that cat?

Exactly. The cat deserves a buyout clause himself.

Bo Pelini’s temper is no worse off than Will Muschamp, Nick Saban, Butch Jones....many coaches. Hell. Dabo Swinney went full meltdown during the Clemson/Carolina game the other day. Coaches have tempers. Period.

I don’t care if Pelini cusses about fans in a private office. If you think all coaches dont do that in private every once in awhile, you’re a gullible moron. Sorry.

Exactly. The cat deserves a buyout clause himself.

Bo Pelini’s temper is no worse off than Will Muschamp, Nick Saban, Butch Jones....many coaches. Hell. Dabo Swinney went full meltdown during the Clemson/Carolina game the other day. Coaches have tempers. Period.

I don’t care if Pelini cusses about fans in a private office. If you think all coaches dont do that in private every once in awhile, you’re a gullible moron. Sorry.
you might wanna relax with the moron comments. not sure what you think you're responding to here....

i have zero delusions on how a football coach acts, and reacts, generally speaking. i also know if you want to get fired, get caught cussing your fan base out....

you might wanna relax with the moron comments. not sure what you think you're responding to here....

i have zero delusions on how a football coach acts, and reacts, generally speaking. i also know if you want to get fired, get caught cussing your fan base out....

I was not specifically calling you a moron....

I just meant people in general...I’ve seen comments where random people here and there seem to think college football coaches are some type of exceptional, moral human beings. LOL.

But I honestly wasn’t directing that at anyone specifically. Sorry. I could have worded that a little better.

VN Store

Back