Just Hire Paul Johnson and...

WiseOlVol

...run the Wishbone.

SEC Ds don't see it. Won't defend it well.

Lots of great triple option QBs out there: they all learn it from Pop Warner leagues.

When we land a dual QB that also throws as well as runs, DCs have daymares as well as nightmares.

We'd be bowl eligible by now.

:hi:

Reactions: 8 people
To be quite honest even the hurry up offenses like Butch and Kelly like to run are not as effective as they once were. Defenses always catch up. The only offenses that always work are the pro style or west coast style offenses.....if you have the personnel of course.

Reactions: 4 people
That's all we'd ever be is bowl eligible teams. Great teams don't play triple option.

We sucked with pro-set/I. Harbaugh is about to finish 4th in the division running it.

Then we sucked with spread. This year is the worst.

The only success we've had since Ainge is with Dobbs' legs and occasional passing.

The option has to be next. Urban Meyer never won with a flat-footed QB.

Reactions: 1 person
Just to be sure... the Flying V or flying wing or whatever the hell they called it isn’t legal anymore is it?

Plus if we dropped the forward pass from our playbook we could recruit more 350 lb FBs and really only need a HB playing QB.

Ok I’m sold I’m in 👍

We sucked with pro-set/I. Harbaugh is about to finish 4th in the division running it.

Then we sucked with spread. This year is the worst.

The only success we've had since Ainge is with Dobbs' legs and occasional passing.

The option has to be next. Urban Meyer never won with a flat-footed QB.

To be fair the 2012 offense was probably one of the best we’ve ever had.

It was offset by the worst (maybe 2nd worst now?) Defense we’ve ever had.

...run the Wishbone.

Lots of great triple option QBs out there: they all learn it from Pop Warner leagues.

When we land a dual QB that also throws as well as runs, DCs have daymares as well as nightmares.

Wishbone? Yeah, it's a option offense but it's not the wishbone. And in the world of option offenses, it's not really close to the wishbone.

Reactions: 1 person
Just to be sure... the Flying V or flying wing or whatever the hell they called it isn’t legal anymore is it?

Plus if we dropped the forward pass from our playbook we could recruit more 350 lb FBs and really only need a HB playing QB.

Ok I’m sold I’m in 👍

Here are the Ga Tech's numbers against us:

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT QBR
TaQuon Marshall 5/9 120 13.3 0 0 82.3
CAR YDS AVG TD LONG
TaQuon Marshall 44 249 5.7 5 28

...run the Wishbone.

Good God just change your name to dumbOLVol.

Reactions: 6 people
To be quite honest even the hurry up offenses like Butch and Kelly like to run are not as effective as they once were. Defenses always catch up. The only offenses that always work are the pro style or west coast style offenses.....if you have the personnel of course.

What exactly is west coast offense? Is it like the Air Raid or something?

VN Store

Back