Miami, A Team That Used to Be Irrelevant For Over a Decade, Is Proof That...

Matt2496

... with the right coach, Tennessee can win at a high level again. We have better talent, facilities, and a more passionate fan base than Miami. If one coach can get Miami, a team irrelevant since 2003, competing for the CFP, just imagine what the right coach could do for Tennessee.

Reactions: 15 people
Richt is a good man and an excellent football coach. He's rock solid and does things the right way. I said it before, but UGA will regret letting him go.

Reactions: 19 people
... with the right coach, Tennessee can win at a high level again. We have better talent, facilities, and a more passionate fan base than Miami. If one coach can get Miami, a team irrelevant since 2003, competing for the CFP, just imagine what the right coach could do for Tennessee.

Better talent ? You can throw a rock out the window in South FLA and hit a 5 star in the head.

Reactions: 15 people
Richt is a good man and an excellent football coach. He's rock solid and does things the right way. I said it before, but UGA will regret letting him go.

I’ve always had a lot of respect for Richt. My old pastor (passed away now), knew the family. I disliked Georgia a lot when he was there, now I am free to hate them. 😬

Reactions: 2 people
almost any P5 team can come back from the ashes. Maybe not Kansas and a few others, but almost any.

Tennessee can easily bounce back with a good hire.

Reactions: 3 people
Living here in Miami I can draw some parallels.
Miami of old was swag U.then a decade of insignificance and they were hardly mentioned down hear, as everyone became heat fans.
Now they made a quality hire and the buzz is here. Logos everywhere, recruiting is booming, and the stadium is loaded.

We need to follow their lead and make a quality hire. There are only about 4-5 names in my book that fit that bill.

Much easier schedule, fertile recruiting grounds, and a qb make their rebuild a bit easier but I agree

Their QB was as inexperienced as Dormady was and a first year starter as a Junior and their SOS is ranked a lot higher than ours is. Miami's facilities have improved but overall that place is a dump. Miami struck gold with Richt getting run out of GA. Wish they would have waited a few yrs I would take CMR in a heartbeat. But he's a the perfect place for him and a exactly what the U needed in a HC. Hope we are just as fortunate in our HC search.

If TN had hired Richt, Currie wouldn't have made it out of the press conference alive.

Miami doing well is great for the Vols. When Miaimi and FL
State are doing well they take some of the better recruits away from Florida.

But at this stage I think Georgia is likely better off without Richt.

Reactions: 1 person

Yeah...and it also shows that Mark Richt is an elite and excellent coach....

This is just his 2ND YEAR at the U.....

If TN had hired Richt, Currie wouldn't have made it out of the press conference alive.

You are right and I never understood it. He had years where he should've one more while at GA but a 10 win per year average is impressive for any program not named Bama in the last decade.

Ive always liked Richt. He’s an excellent coach. You can pretty well expect Miami to be a 10-11 win team from now on. I’d take him at Tennessee any day.

Better talent ? You can throw a rock out the window in South FLA and hit a 5 star in the head.

This is BS. TN has clearly out recruited Miami over the past few years. Just look at the recruiting class rankings.

Miami: 12 TN: 7

Miami:27 TN: 4

Miami: 22 TN: 14

Miami: 12 TN: 17

For those who want verification, here's a link: 2017 Football Team Rankings

These are not stellar recruiting rankings and Mark Richt has them at #2 with a possible run at a National Championship.

You can clearly see which coach has done more with less and less with more.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

We should have hired him. He would have had a fire for beating UGA into the dirt.

I find it hilarious that we were 4-6 and playing in a night game during a hurricane and had more fans in the stands than the #3 ranked team in the country.

Their QB was as inexperienced as Dormady was and a first year starter as a Junior and their SOS is ranked a lot higher than ours is. Miami's facilities have improved but overall that place is a dump. Miami struck gold with Richt getting run out of GA. Wish they would have waited a few yrs I would take CMR in a heartbeat. But he's a the perfect place for him and a exactly what the U needed in a HC. Hope we are just as fortunate in our HC search.

*Dormandy

Reactions: 1 person
almost any P5 team can come back from the ashes. Maybe not Kansas and a few others, but almost any.

Tennessee can easily bounce back with a good hire.

Isn’t it crazy Kansas has a News Years 6/BCS bowl win the past 10 years and it’s been almost 20 since we last won one which was also the National championship.

VN Store

Back