John Currie risking his own reputation for UT

VFLCodyGBO

WGWTFA
I am hearing (not an insider, just happen to know a couple ex players from my college days) that Currie has asked Gruden not to public announce he has turned down the job or isn’t coming. Currie wants to hire a coach and have them come in and have it appear as though he never reached out to Jon so UT doesn’t look like it did in 2012.

I am hearing (not an insider, just happen to know a couple ex players from my college days) that Currie has asked Gruden not to public announce he has turned down the job or isn’t coming. Currie wants to hire a coach and have them come in and have it appear as though he never reached out to Jon so UT doesn’t look like it did in 2012.
Heard it from a friend who....heard for a friend who.... heard it from another...................

Reactions: 30 people
I don't view Currie as someone who would let things like the OPs statement leak.

Since we didn't hire a search firm, I do believe Currie has some targets and is going after them.

That's just my opinion though.

Reactions: 9 people

Your sources don’t have the first clue about what’s going on, and neither do you or me or 99.9% of everyone who posts here.

Reactions: 32 people
I don't view Currie as someone who would let things like the OPs statement leak.

Since we didn't hire a search firm, I do believe Currie has some targets and is going after them.

That's just my opinion though.

This was my thought as well, just passing along the info.

Reactions: 1 person
The fact that Currie isn't using a search firm in order to insulate the university, is somewhat disturbing. Either he already has/had a 'yes', or he doesn't know what he's doing when it comes to vetting and hiring a football coach.

Your sources don’t have the first clue about what’s going on, and neither do you or me or 99.9% of everyone who posts here.

I think your estimate is low. 99.9999% who aren't in the loop is closer and still low - just that the 100% is like always and never, and you are never supposed to say never.

The fact that Currie isn't using a search firm in order to insulate the university, is somewhat disturbing. Either he already has/had a 'yes', or he doesn't know what he's doing when it comes to vetting and hiring a football coach.

And we've been doing so well with those search firms. I'll take it to mean that Currie has some confidence in the in house evaluators (like Fulmer and Manning) than he does in the outhouse bunch.

Reactions: 3 people

As believable as all the "insider" info about Gruden.

VN Store

Back