Volnation will voice their opinions but will get behind whomever is hired

tnktm

I think Currie will get the best coach he can and once it's settled we'll rally behind our new coach. I think it's natural for us to gravitate to Gruden because he is so high profile but on the small chance Hyams is right that coaches are turning us down because of Grudenmania they should have no fear - Volnation is hungry and eager for a fresh start.

Reactions: 1 person
Nah, I think the Grudenophiles are just the loudest.

But you're correct, we will after we critize and bemoan about it first.

False. Volnation will whine and moan about whoever is hired as soon as they lose a game. If Nick Saban came in here and went 10-2 people would still cry about it. It's what this forum does anymore.

Reactions: 6 people
Hyams probably rewatching his beloved LSU. I could care less what his opinion is.

Reactions: 4 people
on the small chance Hyams is right that coaches are turning us down because of Grudenmania

If he really said that, then my opinion of him drops even lower than it already was, and that's tough to do.

Not this time. I think any coach will have to prove his salt this go around. We have had 3 fails back to back since 09.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I refuse to jump on another bandwagon until there is some measured success. If this past coaching debacle didn't make people suspicious of smoke, mirrors, and catchy clichés, then nothing ever will.

We are far to easily drawn into coach awe and unwarranted devotion and that has caused major disappointments, not to mention some of the stupidest defenders of mediocrity and unwarranted contract extensions leading to costlier buyouts and more pain.

There has been one major earthquake hire since Johnny Majors came home in 1977. That's a long time for a university with a fanbase of this size and with this rich a history of football.

Want to know why there are so many Gruden hopefuls in this fanbase? I just gave it to you. They have deserved better and waited too long. JMO.

Reactions: 3 people
Who wouldn't want to see this at home every week? Even if your drunk and upside down! Go Vols!'

Attachments

• IMG_2968.jpg
    IMG_2968.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 8
That was my feeling after Kiffin, because we were shocked by his departure and the coaching candidates were not numerous that year, also the cupboard was bare so everyone jumped on board the Dooley train even though most people had to google him. We bought in that he would be the coach until he proved himself or we found one to replace him neither happened. Gruden or no gruden, if you want a reminder of what the scene will look like if gruden is hired look at the videos of the redneck Alabama fans all over saban at the airport when he landed in Tuscaloosa to be announced. If he is hired there will not be a visor available for purchase within a week in Knoxville. We need a homerun.

If it’s another mediocre hire, you best believe they’ll be some that’ll be disappointed considering we just went through 5 years of Butch.

This hire HAS to be a Home-Run. No question.

Reactions: 7 people
What does "get behind" mean? The loud-mouthed antics on this board have no impact on anything. Donations and season ticket purchases are another matter entirely.

Reactions: 2 people
Mr. Currie will do what he is told...right, Big Jim...I never gravitated to Gruden just like a lot of us didn't, but that doesn't mean we don't want a proven winner, whomever that may be...remember Mr. Currie and company may not even get who they want either and the rest of us will have to live or die with the decision...but, as always...

GO VOLS!

I think Currie will get the best coach he can and once it's settled we'll rally behind our new coach. I think it's natural for us to gravitate to Gruden because he is so high profile but on the small chance Hyams is right that coaches are turning us down because of Grudenmania they should have no fear - Volnation is hungry and eager for a fresh start.

Agree. Although that’s BS from Hyams, and any coach who’s concerned with “Grudenmania” should never coach in the SEC to begin with, too thin skinned....and we just saw that’s not a very attractive feature in a head coach.

What does "get behind" mean? The loud-mouthed antics on this board have no impact on anything. Donations and season ticket purchases are another matter entirely.

“Get behind” means, at the end of the day, we’re all Vol fans and will ultimately and undoubtedly support whomever Currie brings in as our head coach, until the time he no longer deserves that support.

We'll have to or find another team to cheer for. No one here has any real input into the decision except to support the decision or move on to something else.

False. Volnation will whine and moan about whoever is hired as soon as they lose a game. If Nick Saban came in here and went 10-2 people would still cry about it. It's what this forum does anymore.

You are so full of **** if you really believe that. How many were crying after Butch's first year? If we hire mediocre again the whole fan base should be pissed.

...We need a homerun.

Yes, we need a home run.. that's undeniable.. but it's circular logic and argument with Gruden NOT being that home run.

I really wonder if it may be hard to find a candidate. The Tennessee job is a double edge.. both covetous for the big name, pay, and prestige.. But it can also be poisonous.

If another Google coach or up and comer just needing a chance to prove himself is hired, many fans will give up completely.

No. There will be a faction of the fan base who will join the negavols faction on day one. Most of them will fade into the woodwork for a time, but a few will be critical from the beginning.

Currie just needs to bring in a high quality coach, but the rallying will begin when he shows he can win this time. We have been sold enough catchy slogans, and inspiring life stories to try and suck us in. I am sure the university will have some rah rah promotional stuff to try to generate fan excitement.

Just get a competent coach that does what he says. Get him a solid staff, and I want them to treat ALL the players and staff with the dignity they are due. Do that, and the wins will come. If it doesn't win over the jackasses, DILLIGAF?

Who wouldn't want to see this at home every week? Even if your drunk and upside down! Go Vols!'

Yep. Any coach who is truly worth his salt sees 90k show up in a monsoon to watch a bad UT team with a fired coach. Not tough at all to see the high potential.

Thats what every fanbase does. You seem to think VN is the only one that does this.

I believe that the AD is going all out trying to get the best. They can't help if they throw money and candidates turn us down. I hope we support who chooses to come here at least thru year one. Our new coach can't help that others may have said no. JMO.

As for the OP's post, you are delusional if you believe that. Do you honestly think VN would get behind and support a hire like Fleck, Norvell or Bobo? it most certainly will not. Nor should it. We have suffered through crappy hires ever since we forced Fulmer out. No more mosquito **** coaches. Helicopter **** coaches only.

VN Store

Back