Dan Mullen or Greg Schanio? Now Currie's targets

So Rutgers was better under him. So that’s what we’re going with. When was his their hc?

Rutgers averaged 3 wins per season for decades... took Schanio a couple years of course with that tradition of loosing.....

Then knocked off numerous top 25 teams at Rutgers made 5 bowls won 4 of them then Tampa Bay hired him as HC

So Rutgers was better under him. So that’s what we’re going with. When was his their hc?

Hiz was dems head Koach when dey won all dem games.

He tooken them to their first bowling game in over 30 years.

He be the first guy to get double digit since 1976.

Reactions: 2 people
Report: Vols AD John Currie met with Jon Gruden as procedural move, 2 other candidates emerge
Looks like Gruden out...

Please no Dan Mullen!!!!!

Take the hard nose successful HC!

Bring on Schanio!!' Please Currie

Greg Schiano would be a terrible choice. You need an offensive mind to come in and clean up this mess. Anybody who has watched this season can see the offense is WAY worse than the defense.

If they take Schiano it is very obvious that you got your 5th or 6th choice.

Reactions: 8 people
Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Greg Schiano would be a terrible choice. You need an offensive mind to come in and clean up this mess. Anybody who has watched this season can see the offense is WAY worse than the offense.

If they take Schiano it is very obvious that you got your 5th or 6th choice.

The offense is bad, but the defense ain't that far behind.

A large percentage of the Vol fan base has apparently grown very comfortable being perennial bottom dwellers in the SEC.

Reactions: 6 people
Greg Schiano is Butch Jones with NFL experience. If we fired Butch only to end up with Schiano, I would have rather rolled the dice and given Jones another year. He would be a horrendous choice. Go look at his record at Rutgers. I get it was Rutgers, but still, he wasn't that impressive. Plus, it was at one stop. It's not like he did what Patterson did at TCU and made them into a perennial powerhouse that was always in the national spotlight. Instead, he had one or two really great years at Rutgers, followed by several bad to mediocre years. Thanks but no thanks. We hire him and we're looking at another coaching search within 4-5 years.

Reactions: 9 people
Schiano would be a bigger control freak than Jones and more abrasive.

He was a disaster in Tampa Bay and going .500 at Rutgers in the same sorry conference Jones came from isn't exactly a huge achievement.

He is Butch Jones on the defensive side of the ball.

Reactions: 6 people
Schiano would be a bigger control freak than Jones and more abrasive.

He was a disaster in Tampa Bay and going .500 at Rutgers in the same sorry conference Jones came from isn't exactly a huge achievement.

He is Butch Jones on the defensive side of the ball.

Amen! I'm not going to get in a conversation about Gruden in this thread, but if you're telling me Currie used Gruden as a smokescreen so he could target Schiano, then our program is in worse hands than anyone could possibly imagine. I have enough faith to believe I'm wrong though, thank the lord!

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back