Reflections on the lost season.

Denton'sGhostGBO

Yesterday on our ride back to Birmingham from the game, my cousin and I had a realistic talk about our season tickets and how a mid major hire would effect the future of us buying season tickets on a yearly basis. His point was that if Currie doesn't do the fan base right that there will be no reason to purchase season tickets anymore because if we wanted to pic up tix for a game then we could drive up and for 20-30 bucks a piece could get decent tix to a game like last night. That made me think. How many times in the last 10 years have people not been able to do this. I'm thinking maybe UF and Alabama last year and that's about it. I bought 5 for Mizzou last year for 5 bucks in XX2 and yesterday the guys sitting below us paid 20 a piece for section A. Apparenty on TOS my cousin said there were some who got in for 5 dollars. I looked at my 95 dollar face value ticket, and realized that unless this hire is spectacular Tennessee runs the risk of not only alienating the fans who want to win, but also the ones who enjoy being able to donate but want a compatible return on investment in wins and value on the tickets they purchase.

Another area we talked about was is the Administration above Currie actually dedicated to success across the board in athletics? This was an area that began to slide after Dickey left, and has been a topic,of discussion on VN for quiet some time. I understand I am not alumni, and I never attended Tennessee. However, I did attend the "red teams" school to the south and remember how a HR hire immediately changed the culture. That hire also sent shockwaves through the school as budgets for all departments went up as old money began to reinvest because their school was well represented. That was over 10 years ago, and they haven't slowed down yet.

I know this seems like incoherent ramblings of a disgruntled fan, but I believe these areas are the bigger picture of the health and future of a program that I want to see be successful. I hope, that we all get a small Christmas miracle this year in the announcement of someone who can bring the passion back to Tennessee because at this current time, were all just a bunch of bitter people. And the threads show it.

Reactions: 6 people
I️ agree in the last 10 years the product on the field has been worth a 20 dollar ticket not 95 or more. However as long as people keep coming they will keep charging that. I️ haven’t been in two years and won’t go back until something is put together that resembles a football team

If you evaluate what is wrong you can see the right coaches could fix this team to at least 8 wins. The OL has to be a lot better and should be with the players we have. Look like the DL is the weakest part of the defense.
Better coaching has to be the answer or the recruiting services are total fake news. We've been in the top ten and around the top then every year and teams way down like Miss St, Missouri, and SC are far better teams.

Reflecting on the season the writing was on the wall early. The Indiana State was bothersome with the d line off the line of scrimmage a yard. Figured maybe they just had a hangover from GaTech..Then UMass came. That was when I finally woke up and realized CBJ can't develop talent or coach worth a sh!t unless he has AT LEAST a month to prepare for the opponent (bowl games).

Reactions: 1 person
I gave my season tickets up this year looking back it was a great decision. My wife said last night as we was watching the rain fall at the stadium on tv im glad we didn’t get tickets this year. Its not worth the money even if they was good. Plus i bought a new round baler so that affected my decision

Reactions: 1 person
Gave our 50 yard line seats away for the game last night. Couldn't make it and couldn't sell them. Not sure if anyone ended up using them or not.

Good thought OP. I remember when it was nearly impossible to get tickets for less than $50, even for lesser games. I have seen folks begging to give away their tickets for the last few years. That is a big problem.

VN Store

Back