Butch is still fired.

Iam4utalways

That means there is hope.

The way we came out and beat Florida last year, mis way thru the 3rd qtr, I expected a repeat of that 20-25 minutes of time often. That was our peak. I always wonder what happened that day for them to be able to turn it on and play so well.

The Vols are very talented.

Let's beat Vandy and somehow get a bowl(I might be able to go.).

Dodge the 8 loss year by beating Vandy, but then put it in play by going to a bowl.

I've not watched much football, other than the Vols this year, I'm expecting Vandy to field an inferior team. I still expect a win, even with an interim as HC.

Pie in the sky says....Gruden. My source is a bust at being 100% right. We'll see about the rest.

If we can't get Gruden we should hire Saban. 2 birds with 1 stone. The 1st time he acts like gump, we fire him.

Like I said, Butch is gone. Our next HC is expected to improve over 2016 #s. Don't act like. "Beat 2017 #s." Is the right answer. It's not. 2017 #s will get you fired. Year whatever it is.

I like how Currie said to a recruit, there will be a new HC or a new AD by Dec. 20th, early signing period.

Let's go Vols.

Beat Vandy.

Last edited:
HOPE, that is all we need.......

We need a HC that will build on this team.

I hope we get one that will. If there was anything I could do to matter I would. So for now, yes I hope we get the HC that will do that.

With the way things went with Butch, improvement a given.

Go Vols!

Win out.

The way we came out and beat Florida last year, mis way thru the 3rd qtr, I expected a repeat of that 20-25 minutes or time often. That was our peak. I always wonder what happened that day for them to be able to turn it on and play so well.

Dodge the 8 loss year by beating Vandy, but then put it in play by going to a bowl.

I've not watched much football, other than the Vols this year, I'm expecting Vandy to field an inferior team. I still expect a win, even with an interim as HC.

Pie in the sky says....Gruden. My source is a bust at being 100% right. We'll see about the rest.

If we can't get Gruden we should hire Saban. 2 birds with 1 stone. The 1st time he acts like gump, we fire him.

Like I said, Butch is gone. Our next HC is expected to improve over 2016 #s. Don't act like. "Beat 2017 #s." Is the right answer. It's not. 2017 #s will get you fired. Year whatever it is.

I like how Currie said to a recruit, there will be a new HC or a new AD by Dec. 20th, early signing period.

Let's go Vols.

Beat Vandy.

What you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Reactions: 12 people
Depends on who our new HC is.

He may be coaching te bowl.

If we get a bowl, I might be able to go.

We’re not going to a bowl game this year, just not happening. Let’s root for the Vols like crazy to beat lowly Vanderbilt, then let’s turn our attention fully to who our next coach is gonna be, and let him get to work salvaging our recruiting class.

Even if we were eligible for a bowl, I think bowl practice would distract from what’s most important given the new early signing period Dec 20-22. The disastrous 2017 season needs to be over and put to bed ASAP and let’s get on with the business of rebuilding the program.....there’s a ton of work to be done.

Reactions: 1 person

The way we came out and beat Florida last year, mis way thru the 3rd qtr, I expected a repeat of that 20-25 minutes or time often. That was our peak. I always wonder what happened that day for them to be able to turn it on and play so well.

Let's go Vols.

Beat Vandy.

Butch recruited a lot of talent, but developed very little of it into Div I college-level talent. So no, what we see on the field every Saturday, the Vols are not very talented at the moment.

We aren't going to a bowl at 5-7.....because we don't have a good product, or any aspect of football, that bowl-watchers on TV would want to see.

There have been 5-7 teams invited to bowls because, even at 5-7, they had an entertaining game (or part of their game) to show (high-powered offense, dynamic something or other), and that bowl officials knew would liven up their product. Texas Tech, for example, would probably get invited to the Vagasil Bowl, even at 5-7, because there's always a fair chance they will score 40+ and their QB toss 3-4 TDs...even if they end up allowing 50.

Sadly, we aren't even an entertaining (potentially) 5-7 team this year. The offense is almost indescribably bad, and, whats worse, boring. No one channel-surfing for a nothing-bowl before Christmas Day is going to want to see our offense, and that's just fact.

We’re not going to a bowl game this year, just not happening. Let’s root for the Vols like crazy to beat lowly Vanderbilt, then let’s turn our attention fully to who our next coach is gonna be, and let him get to work salvaging our recruiting class.

Even if we were eligible for a bowl, I think bowl practice would distract from what’s most important given the new early signing period Dec 20-22. The disastrous 2017 season needs to be over and put to bed ASAP and let’s get on with the business of rebuilding the program.....there’s a ton of work to be done.

Returning players need the work on the practice field. If things work out we will sign a solid class, even with adding a solid class, most of the Pat will go to a current player.

They need more practice. They have yet to really get "in the zone" as a team. Extra practice should help.

By earning a bowl, I might get to go.

Go Vols!

Win out.

Butch recruited a lot of talent, but developed very little of it into Div I college-level talent. So no, what we see on the field every Saturday, the Vols are not very talented at the moment.

The talent is still there. We need a game plan that exploits their strengths and hides their areas of improvement. We have many prototype players, it's finding a way to get them playing in their wheel house. Let their talent show.

We aren't going to a bowl at 5-7.....because we don't have a good product, or any aspect of football, that bowl-watchers on TV would want to see.

There have been 5-7 teams invited to bowls because, even at 5-7, they had an entertaining game (or part of their game) to show (high-powered offense, dynamic something or other), and that bowl officials knew would liven up their product. Texas Tech, for example, would probably get invited to the Vagasil Bowl, even at 5-7, because there's always a fair chance they will score 40+ and their QB toss 3-4 TDs...even if they end up allowing 50.

Sadly, we aren't even an entertaining (potentially) 5-7 team this year. The offense is almost indescribably bad, and, whats worse, boring. No one channel-surfing for a nothing-bowl before Christmas Day is going to want to see our offense, and that's just fact.

That's not how it works. It's determined by APR. Not sure if we'd get in with that either, but it's not about entertainment value.

I thought it was based off the APR. The highest APR 5-7 team fills the Midol Bowl.

Depending on who the new HC is, and will he be coaching the bowl, there could be a bunch of interested Vol fans.

I might even get to go.

Go Vols!

Win out.

What you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I know right.

Go Vols!

Win out.

My only concerns are these; beat vandy by 30, avoid the 8 loss season, and get the coach here that can return UT back where it belongs (if you don't know where that is, then go read the history of UT football before 2009.)

That's not how it works. It's determined by APR. Not sure if we'd get in with that either, but it's not about entertainment value.

It's my understanding we rank 57 or so with our APR. Many teams will win 6 many won't win 6.

Anytime there is a chance for the Vols to play another game. I'm all for it.

I might get to go.

Go Vols!

Win out.

My only concerns are these; beat vandy by 30, avoid the 8 loss season, and get the coach here that can return UT back where it belongs (if you don't know where that is, then go read the history of UT football before 2009.)

I cut my teeth in the 90's.

I've been all Vol ever since.

Go Vols!

Win out.

No 5-7 team deserves a bowl, no matter who it is. Correct if wrong,ND turned down a bowl bid a few years back.

VN Store

Back