Doug Matthews show today

vol81

First off Gruden was not mentioned
Secondly he continues to lobby heavily for independent informed judgments by John Currie in making the hire
Timetable that we are telling recruits is around December 10
He would make Bob stoops and Jimbo Fisher say no. Then his list becomes Gary Patterson Doug marrone. Coach cut. Will muschamp And rather than reach for a coach outside of a power five he would look for an assistant that knows the league and is defense minded like Jeremy Pruitt orKevin Steele.

Reactions: 6 people
Secondly he continues to lobby heavily for independent informed judgments by John Currie in making the hire
He would make Bob stoops and Jimbo Fisher say no. Then his list becomes Gary Patterson Doug marrone. Coach cut. Will muschamp And rather than reach for a coach outside of a power five he would look for an assistant that knows the league and is defense minded like Jeremy Pruitt orKevin Steele.

If we go the coordinator route I hope we get Venables.

Reactions: 17 people

No Stoops, No Doug Marrone. A coach doesn't have to know the "league" to be successful in the SEC. I would rather have someone with HC experience and not just an assistant.

Reactions: 4 people

Because he isn't living in fantasy land

Reactions: 25 people
I don't know what he's thinking.

I've poked fun here and there about Gruden, but my goodness, the odds of getting Gruden are higher than some of the names on that list.

Reactions: 3 people
HELL NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO TO MUSCHAMP! HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL NO! NO!

and NO to Kevin Steele......

Doug Mathews is the most informed in media and is usually right well before something happens....

If this is the list, which he isn't grabbing out of thin air...likely hearing some of this from Fulmer....then THIS IS FREAKING DEPRESSING. VERY DEPRESSING

Reactions: 10 people
.....also....Stoops is retired. Not coaching again.

Doug Marrone is a current freaking head coach for an NFL team. This is just foolish.....

That leaves some of the others Mathews mentioned and any of those would make me very depressed to be honest. Lousy choices

Reactions: 1 person
As head coaches turn the Tennessee job down ONCE AGAIN Curry has no choice but to look other places.....it is embarrassing but that is where we are...
Your going to try to hire away a great coordinator or trying to get the best Head Coach that is not P5

Stoops isn't coaching again, and even he decided he couldn't give it up, he's not coming to Tennessee to clean up Butch Jones' mess.

Reactions: 2 people
I had to laugh each time he mentioned the Saban coaching tree. All I could think about was Dooley is a part of that tree.

Reactions: 3 people

- Bob Stoops retired for a reason.

- Fisher? Really? Low character.......good grief. There’s a reason why

- Mathews was fired at Tennessee. He coached one more year at his alma mater, then never coached again....ever wondered why? Have you also wondered why Mathews sells himself as a Tennessee guy, but he went to school at Vandy?

- Steele. Played LB for UT when I was in school. Was key recruiter for Chuck Webb. Would never pass the good guy test.

- Muschamp? So Mathews likes recycling the garbage.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back