Injuries

led0321

Is Butch Jones legacy. How or what he was doing wrong I have no idea but the decimation of the 2016 and 2017 teams due to injury is criminal.

Last edited:
Is Butch Jones legacy. How or what he was doing wrong I have no idea but the decimation if the 2016 and 2017 teams due to injury is criminal.

so right led...never, and I mean never, have I ever witnessed anything like it in all my years of being a Vol fan...biblical...it's almost curse-like...:dunno:...:mf_surrender:

GO VOLS!

Will be interesting/nerve racking to see if the trend continues in the next coach's time here. Fingers crossed it doesn't.

Reactions: 1 person
Is Butch Jones legacy. How or what he was doing wrong I have no idea but the decimation if the 2016 and 2017 teams due to injury is criminal.

True. I’m beginning to think it may be related to his scheme and system of football.

Reactions: 2 people
Injuries started piling up after we got rid of S&C coach and the nutritionist we had first 3 seasons. Not sure if coincidence or not. I think first 3 years were pretty normal compared to other teams.

Reactions: 3 people
Our teams under Butch just have not been very tough.
Maybe it has been their age, too young as starters in this big boy league. Nearly everyone we have lined up against has look like men against boys to me.
Guys playing his system may need to be built like our players have been built the last few years but it just doesn't seem to work in the SEC.
When you get run over time and time again on offense and defense you are gonna get hurt. As to falling apart in the second half, I again say men against boys. (along with poor adjusting)

Aside from his coaching blunders, injuries are ultimately what did him in. They would have been good enough to finish 8-4 without the drastic number and he'd have survived.

Aside from his coaching blunders, injuries are ultimately what did him in. They would have been good enough to finish 8-4 without the drastic number and he'd have survived.

This is flat out wrong. Recruiting at key positions and player develop are what did him in. Get that propaganda out of your head. Two deep at Mike for a 4-3 team is paramount. Butch recruited divas and injury prone players from high school. Look it up as just at RB’s that had bad high school injuries include Lane, Hurd, CFA. Durability was not included in his recruiting matrix.

Injuries started piling up after we got rid of S&C coach and the nutritionist we had first 3 seasons. Not sure if coincidence or not. I think first 3 years were pretty normal compared to other teams.

Spot on. Injuries directly correlate to the lack of a S&C coach.

VN Store

Back