Coach Cut

kcartledge85

Seems silly he isn’t being mentioned by us. Guy knows how to coach, especially QBs. If there is a chance Manning is on our coaching staff, it would be under Cut.

Would be a mediocre hire. 8 wins at Duke is good enough, not at Tennessee

He's being talked about by lots of people. You must have just woken up from under a rock. Hint: Don't look up this year's Vols record.

Also, Manning will not be on anyone's staff. I know it gives you a two-inch hard-on to think about it, but just stop.

Reactions: 4 people
This.

Also, I recall that between the fans here and in Oxford he ACTUALLY had a heart attack.

I don't think there's enough money to get him back into the SEC.

I talked to Shuler one time and he said Cut was the best coach he played for at any level.

Guy was an unbelievable perfectionist. He said many times they'd score a TD in practice but Cut would make them line up and run the play again because he threw off his back foot or an OL was lined up six inches too wide, etc.

He's just too old at this point. We'd be looking again in just a few short years

Reactions: 1 person
Seems silly he isn’t being mentioned by us. Guy knows how to coach, especially QBs. If there is a chance Manning is on our coaching staff, it would be under Cut.

Stop living in the past. We do not want Cutcliff. Need a younger proven head coach. I say go offer Dan Mullen. He is winning at Miss St and he can develop QBs. I think he can recruite even better at UT. So he will bring in the talent to win here.

Reactions: 1 person
I done Told you Cut is 137 years old!!

picture.php

Reactions: 2 people
On top of being 63, wasn't he 4-8 last year and 5-6 this year at Duke. Not sure I could handle that kind of crazy success.

Four years from now someone will still be posting ... what about coach Cut.

He couldn't recruit here or at Ole Miss, was fairly awful at Ole Miss even with Eli and is currently doing poorly at Duke .... but what about good ole coach Cut. He is a nice guy but just stop with the coach Cut. Waste of a post imo.

Stop w the Manning cr@p. We already have one Sasquatch hunt underway. Focus!

He was mentioned earlier. He would be a fallback plan if a bunch of other things don't work out. I agree with earlier, if we could have hired him over Butch or Dooley we would have been better off, but pretty late to hire him now. I think for he is an upgrade over Butch and offense would be much better, but not a good long term plan. We would be looking for a coach again in 3-4 years.

Recruiters would use his age against him in recruiting. Plus, you would be right back in this same boat in 4 to 5 years.

VN Store

Back