Hoke the Joke

VEKZY

In his radio interview, he said he had the chance to stop the game during the rainstorm before the kick but opted to play. He said he thought they could see.

Nice one.

Reactions: 12 people
Hoke didn't muff two punts before the rain started.

Ive always felt a sort of kinship with you due to your avi.

Weather is football. Nut up and dont ***** about luck.

Those sweaters the USC cheerleaders wear...

Reactions: 6 people
It's football and it's meant to be played in the elements. As long as there wasn't lightning in the area, you play the game.

If you are given the option the help your players by waiting till the worst of the storm passes, you do it. It does not matter that the game is played in the elements. That's no excuse for making such a poor decision. All you had to do was wait 15 minutes. You didn't have the lead, you need to catch LSU and you made that more difficult if you were Hoke.

Reactions: 8 people
It's football and it's meant to be played in the elements. As long as there wasn't lightning in the area, you play the game.

As a coach in the toughest number one conference in the land I would take the position that I use any and all advantages I could get any time.

I would concede your point if LSU was the one getting the ball first in that pelting rain storm.

Look what happened. We ended up on the 1 foot line after two plays and thank goodness we have a punter who could get it back out to the fitty.

( Yet I also agree with some of the others that in the end it probably would not have mattered. )

Reactions: 1 person
Bottom line is we win that game with out the two dropped punts and second half kick off mistake.

I will go as far as to say we would've won. I do think minus the 2 muffed punts we take a small lead into the locker room at the half. Also, I believe that kickoff, our offensive series, and their field position on the ensuing drive completely sucked the life out of our team

So without those 3, it's a different ballgame.

Reactions: 3 people
I will go as far as to say we would've won. I do think minus the 2 muffed punts we take a small lead into the locker room at the half. Also, I believe that kickoff, our offensive series, and their field position on the ensuing drive completely sucked the life out of our team

So without those 3, it's a different ballgame.

Completely agree. I wanted to also add that the kickoff to start the second half should have been postponed. At least a few minutes until more of the lights could get turned back on. I was in my carband Tim Priest said he the refs should not have allowed the kickoff. He said Tennessee couldnt even see the ball.

Reactions: 3 people
No, don’t think he would win. But doing blatantly dumb things is dumb. That’s all.

Just shut up dude. What did you expect from a guy who had 6 days to prepare as head coach against a top 25 team? You’re just looking to moan about something.

Reactions: 9 people
Just shut up dude. What did you expect from a guy who had 6 days to prepare as head coach against a top 25 team? You’re just looking to moan about something.

Why does he have to shut up? His opinion doesn't count for anything?

Oh - that's right. We're on the internet.

Where common decency and respect gets thrown out the window cause - well - it's the internet.

Lol sorry I must have rustled your jimmies. Poor snowflake ;)

VN Store

Back