The Lost Season

AF_VOL

This is officially the Lost Season. I could never have imagined the drop off for this team would be this bad. Unfortunately, almost everything that could go wrong did go wrong.

The coaching was worse than we thought it could be. The lack of strength and conditioning is painfully evident with the amount of injuries piling up. The players have not been developed properly and some players are just not as good as we all had hoped.

This lost season has become a crescendo of worst case scenarios. It's going to take a coach with exceptional management skills to clean house and re-evaluate every aspect of the program.

I believe we are better off talent wise than when Dooley was fired, so that is one positive. This team must be re-dedicated to doing the little things required to be elite.

Here's to hoping the AD gets this hire right. Go Vols!

Reactions: 5 people
I've heard Butch yapping about the small details for years. I think our biggest problems are the really huge, basic football concepts. We can't even throw, run, or tackle well. Our players aren't pushed in the S&C program and they certainly aren't developed by the coaches. How about we get the freakin fundamentals of football down and then work to get the fine details. Butch couldn't see the forest for the trees.

Reactions: 1 person
It's not a lost season, it's a lost decade. Tennessee was last semi-relevant 10 years ago, and according to many, hasn't been relevant since Sabah beat us in Atlanta. It may be another decade before it's fixed. Who knows.

Reactions: 4 people
Its ok, its all but over now...but we will have a lot of excitement shortly with a new coach, a new staff and a new season. We will need it because it is going to be a long long off season....looooooooooooong

Reactions: 1 person
Its ok, its all but over now...but we will have a lot of excitement shortly with a new coach, a new staff and a new season. We will need it because it is going to be a long long off season....looooooooooooong

Off Season?

By the looks of it we took this entire season off.

Hire a top tier coach or shut it all down. I'd rather watch Neyland's demolition than another decade of garbage.

Reactions: 2 people
I'll admit I thought at the minimum we'd win 7 games, just because we have (at least I thought) a lot of talent on the team

never imagined struggling to get 5

Reactions: 2 people
I thought 6-6 was very possible. Was even worse than I imagined

Yep, I was WAY off. I chose to believe our OL was best in SEC...our DL, packed w/ 4-5*s was going to dominate, and QB battle was about making the best decision of two great choices.

If there was an actual interview for OC, maybe Butch would have seen that he had a "play page" instead of a playbook.

Most likely a probability that this Season will be the 1st EVER 8 loss Season in UT Football History...

Hey Butch??!!

angry-guy-o.gif

I've seen several people post that the talent level is better than when Dooley left. Is it really? Look at the O-line, the DB's, and especially the LB's. You might even add QB to that list, and the overrated D-line

I think the talent gap isn't that far apart. The new coach is going to need a few years

Fan apathy has set in big time. Probably the first time in 25 years that my care meter was at 0% for a game.

Yeah, I think it's fair to tag this The Lost Season, and Butch's tenure in general as a False Dawn to the Dark Ages.

VN Store

Back