Will McBride > JG

orange plasma

I understand that the O line is nonexistent but since they burned McBride's redshirt they should give him more snaps. JG seems awkward, unconfident and totally afraid to tuck it and run. The argument that he has any more mobility than McBride is a fail and his accuracy is terrible.

Reactions: 31 people
Mcbride is hurt. And I think they're about even in all honesty. JG doesn't throw INTS, thats a plus. And when he had time tonight, 3 big pass plays.

Reactions: 7 people
McBride is not near the player JG is. He’s decent but with some solid coaching JG has potential to be special with his passing ability.

Reactions: 6 people
At this point, it doesn't matter.

A lot will change between the end of this season and the start of next. Good coaching staff can bring huge improvements to both these lads (and Dormady as well).

So it's pretty much a moot point which of them is better today, if they're all healthy. From this point, we're building for the future, 2018 and beyond. 2017 is just about in the books.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Mcbride is hurt. And I think they're about even in all honesty. JG doesn't throw INTS, thats a plus. And when he had time tonight, 3 big pass plays.

JG doesn't throw INTs because it's a rare occurrence for him to even throw the ball and when he does it's usually thrown at the ground because he absolutely can't scramble. And he doesn't fumble either and that's because he never runs!

Hard to make mistakes when you play scared.

Reactions: 13 people
And it only took JG till next to the final game of the season to have a SEC passing touchdown. I wouldn't say he's a great passer by any stretch of the imagination.

Reactions: 13 people
His passing ability has been less than impressive

He has no line and no one to throw it to that ever gets open. McBride has done absolutely nothing to make you think he can get it done other than running every now and then.

Reactions: 4 people
JG doesn't throw INTs because it's a rare occurrence for him to even throw the ball and when he does it's usually thrown at the ground because he absolutely can't scramble. And he doesn't fumble either and that's because he never runs!

Hard to make mistakes when you play scared.

To be fair, coaches hardly let him throw. And when they do, he doesn't have time usually.

He has no line and no one to throw it to that ever gets open. McBride has done absolutely nothing to make you think he can get it done other than running every now and then.

Well he ran much better, and he had a passing touchdown in his first SEC game. It took JG till tonight to get his first.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back