Next Year OL

Whetever coach we have will be lucky to win 6 games with this OL. I seriously think we are looking at a good 2-3 years until our OL is anywhere close to SEC caliber.

Reactions: 4 people
These young kids can change a lot in a years time. Let th their bodies develop and give them some proper coaching. Y'all are dooming us before the next season is even here. I guess I'm in the minority for being optimistic.

It’s still going to be really rough next year. Let’s hope we get Mays back in the fold

I think IF we get a good OL coach, we might be decent next year. But I still cannot see more than 7 wins MAX. 2019 could be a good season depending on how the schedule shakes out. But its more likely 2020, until we really see some SEC level OL play consistently.

Whetever coach we have will be lucky to win 6 games with this OL. I seriously think we are looking at a good 2-3 years until our OL is anywhere close to SEC caliber.

This sounds like what was said 6 years ago. Amazing that Butch ended up with a worse line than Dooley.

Reactions: 2 people
This sounds like what was said 6 years ago. Amazing that Butch ended up with a worse line than Dooley.

It started with Dooley but Butch has failed miserably in bringing in quality OL coaching and its showing now. Should have been a huge red flag when Butch told Pittman to get lost.

Reactions: 4 people
I think were starting 4 true or red shirt freshmen on the offensive line, some with little experience. Few teams are gonna have much success with that lineup.

With the exception of Trey Smith, none of the other O Linemen appear to be strong enough, athletic enough or competitive enough play in the Southeastern Conference. A lot of plays end with most of the defensive team running to the ball and as they smother the running back, you see all of the UT O-linemen turning to look at the action which has moved 5 yards past them without them staying in the play.

Is Tennessee in the market for a 41 year old 6'3" 290# offensive lineman?

Asking for a friend.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back