SEC Nation. Spears

TheTaj

Marcus is showing the love. Demanding that UT is a top 5 job and much better position for a real coach to come in and have immediate success. He said the talent is there, the facilities are there, and the fan base is there.

You could tell it was eating at FB and Tebow. However Tebow wasn't disagreeing just saying Florida was ripe as well.

The best part was that Marcus was not backing down. He kept saying UT was the best school that was ready to win and had everything needed to do so, just waiting on the coach.

Go Vols!!

Reactions: 32 people
Paul will jump on the Vol train with Marcus once we get rolling. He's pretty transparent. Can't wait until Saban retires or leaves and he doesn't have anyone to kiss up to at Bama. Hoping NYG hire Saban when they fire Macadoo. Double win for me.

Reactions: 1 person
Marcus is showing the love. Demanding that UT is a top 5 job and much better position for a real coach to come in and have immediate success. He said the talent is there, the facilities are there, and the fan base is there.

You could tell it was eating at FB and Tebow. However Tebow wasn't disagreeing just saying Florida was ripe as well.

The best part was that Marcus was not backing down. He kept saying UT was the best school that was ready to win and had everything needed to do so, just waiting on the coach.

Go Vols!!

He’s mostly right imo. I’d argue that the talent isn’t quite there though.

Yes, Jones was horrific at player development, but really look at both sides of the ball and identify who you think are legit, SEC Championship level type athletes....

For me, I’d say this is the list for 2018.....

Offense- Kelly, Trey Smith, Jennings, Callaway, maybe/likely Chandler

Defense- Warrior, Gaulden, maybe Bituli, maybe DKJr if he ever gets healthy.

Special teams- nobody

Last edited:
He's right. UF needs a complete overhaul. They aren't winning more than 7 games next year no matter who is coaching.

Tennessee has a good amount of talent on both sides of the ball. Could easily be a 9 win team or better with the right coach.

Reactions: 2 people
He’s mostly right imo. I’d argue that the talent isn’t quite there. Yes, Jones was horrific at player development, but really look at both sides of the ball and identify who you think are legit, SEC Championship level type athletes....

Special teams- nobody

Doubt gaulden and Kelly are here next year.

He’s mostly right imo. I’d argue that the talent isn’t quite there. Yes, Jones was horrific at player development, but really look at both sides of the ball and identify who you think are legit, SEC Championship level type athletes....

Special teams- nobody

Our punter is pretty darn good, otherwise I agree. Not enough depth to be considered a talented team up there with Georgia and Bama, but part of this could be the lack of development.

I think the right coach comes in (wherever) and starts winning because winners win.

I think year 1 always gets a pass because the coach is learning his roster and the players are learning a new system and trying to meet new demands. some buy in, some don't.

But, in my life it's becoming obvious that by Year 2....you start to see some obvious results in performance

Reactions: 6 people

Yes, Jones was horrific at player development, but really look at both sides of the ball and identify who you think are legit, SEC Championship level type athletes....

Special teams- nobody

I would add Brandon Johnson on the offense. I personally like Chandler more than Kelly as far as ceilings go. With the right coaching our QB's could be really good too. It's very obvious the coaching and play calling has been horrid on offense. Curious to see if the offense looks any better without everything going through Butch. From Kelly's response I'm curious to see if the players play harder with obvious lack of like and respect for Butch.

It's been a while since I've looked forward to a game. And I am looking forward to seeing our guys have some fun tonight, and play...with emotion.

Doubt gaulden and Kelly are here next year.

I think Kelly stays if the right hire is made. No way he's more than a 4th or 5th rounder at this point. Production has tailed off and he has the pot citation (not a huge deal, but still a red flag).

Gaulden might leave. Probably our highest player among draft boards.

Special teams- nobody

Tyler Byrd has the speed to be a huge weapon if he was utilized correctly. Shy Tuttle has been injury plagued, but the talent is there. McKenzie has been disappointing considering the hype. I believe the talent is there, it's just getting someone to get the most out of him. Same for Drew Richmond and Kyle Phillips.

It's been a while since I've looked forward to a game. And I am looking forward to seeing our guys have some fun tonight, and play...with emotion.

UT has fallen into a pattern of starting off looking good but something always happens. Against Mo. I think it was the TD right before halftime. Then the defense just falls apart. I've seen this time and time again this year like we don't have talented depth on the DLine and LBers get out of position and our opponents build momentum. UT simply can't stop the run. Our OLine isn't fairing much better. I just don't see an overnight miracle facing a good rushing attack from LSU.

VN Store

Back