Freak's Friday Night Before LSU No More Butch Game Off Topic Thread

Notorious B.E.N

Vols & Braves
Lab Rat
We deserve some off topic fun around here.

He's gone, do yall expect a more competitive team tomorrow? Who's going to the game? Anybody have big plans tomorrow? Blah blah blah yall know the deal.

Reactions: 3 people
I expect the kids to let loose. Hopefully the OLine doesn’t have to do any stupid pattycake techniques and can instead be bulldozers

I expect the kids to let loose. Hopefully the OLine doesn’t have to do any stupid pattycake techniques and can instead be bulldozers

Hopefully so. I don't expect a win and the team has fought pretty hard all year, for the most part, but i wanna see them look like they're having more fun.

Full day planned for tomorrow. Golf in the morning, watching my buddy fight, he’s in the main event of ACB 74 in Vienna, Austria tomorrow. Then watching the Vols.

wanna see it rain cats and dogs...pull out a big upset and party till the cows come home...or they don't...:pepper:...:yahoo:

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What kind of fight? I assume ACB is boxing?

No it’s MMA, This is Adam’s 4th or 5th fight outside the US I think. He beat Junior Assuncao at Art of War 18 in China, he’s fought for RFA, this is his second fight for ACB. He made the ultimate fighter but they called him back the week before he was set to leave and told him he was being made an alternate. He actually retired but is using these fights in ACB to fund his political campaign here in Carter County. If you’re an MMA fan he’s a pretty entertaining fighter from here in East TN.

Reactions: 1 person
Hopefully so. I don't expect a win and the team has fought pretty hard all year, for the most part, but i wanna see them look like they're having more fun.

Agree, a win would be nice, but not loads of hope. Too many guys on the team are beat up and worn down playing Butch's game - makes it hard to turn things around. I'm hoping Hoke and the rest of the staff can find enough of what has been missing to create a positive rather than the meltdown FL had in their first game without McElwain.

Best hope is that this game goes reasonably well, and paves the way for a win against Vandy - hate to see us with that first 8th loss. My biggest objection to Currie right now is he didn't give Hoke much time to change things around.

No it’s MMA, This is Adam’s 4th or 5th fight outside the US I think. He beat Junior Assuncao at Art of War 18 in China, he’s fought for RFA, this is his second fight for ACB. He made the ultimate fighter but they called him back the week before he was set to leave and told him he was being made an alternate. He actually retired but is using these fights in ACB to fund his political campaign here in Carter County. If you’re an MMA fan he’s a pretty entertaining fighter from here in East TN.

That's awesome, good luck to him.

I'm actually looking forward to the game. I hope we play a non conservative game. We may finally enjoy watching a game again.

Reactions: 2 people
I have Staff Duty (24 hr) today. And I still plan on attending the game tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm making jambalaya to get into the spirit of things. And making an early start on the vino.

I'm trying to stay off the Gruden thread in hopes of finishing the book I started two days ago and getting to bed at a decent hour.

I'm too old for VolNation coaching searches! :thud:

Reactions: 1 person
I have Staff Duty (24 hr) today. And I still plan on attending the game tomorrow.

Are you going to be able to get the game thread up tonight?

Now that I'm reduced to watching football on my phone, I rely on you for channels and kickoff times!

Are you going to be able to get the game thread up tonight?

Now that I'm reduced to watching football on my phone, I rely on you for channels and kickoff times!

Of course. I haven’t missed one since I’ve been doing them

I was going to go, but between the rain, wind, and being offered free Preds tickets.... No brainier. Nevertheless, GO VOLS!!

Even if the rumors that the players found out about Gruden as our HC are false, I think the players will play harder tomorrow night.

First time to attend a game this season. Had season tickets for years. Excitement around another new era of UT football. Hope XX is rocking for the BIG ORANGE!

VN Store

Back