Mullen: Imagine our Alex Smith/Tebow/Dak/Cam Newton

madbamahater

Imagine the QBs Mullen will bring to UT if hired. He recruited and coached Alex Smith (at Utah), Tim Tebow, Cam Newton (at Florida), Dak Prescott and now Nick Fitzgerald. Wow! That is an extremely great resume..

Not only does he know offense, he knows how to develop QBs to play to their strengths....

Just thinking about this makes me all excited!

Reactions: 4 people
One of those came to play for him....

The rest were recruited by his boss

And he was a dimond in the rough

Reactions: 1 person
2-15 against ranked up matchups.

32-38 against the SEC with the players HE recruited.

But that’s ok. He almost did this, he almost did that.

Where do I sign up for Moral Victory U!?

Reactions: 5 people

Should we talk about your fan boy in Gruden without Dungy's players. Not a very impressive resume.

Mullen is a terrible coach. Mississippi State is the easiest and best job in the SEC and he can't get it done there.

DO NOT WANT!

(sarcasm for those who, well... you know who you are)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

The job at Miss St is as easy as every other job in the league - yes or no?

Reactions: 2 people

He took MSU to #1 ranking in country. His team right now would kick the hell out of our team....

Imagine the QBs Mullen will bring to UT if hired. He recruited and coached Alex Smith (at Utah), Tim Tebow, Cam Newton (at Florida), Dak Prescott and now Nick Fitzgerald. Wow! That is an extremely great resume..

Not only does he know offense, he knows how to develop QBs to play to their strengths....

Ok... now what? :ermm:

Since so many on here think that they know so much about whom UT should hire and then dismiss other possible hires with such disdain.......... like hiring a coach is an exact science.

I think UT should hire a guy who has coached wide receivers for 2 years. Who has never been a coordinator, much less a head coach...anywhere. Oh, and make sure that the guy had been out of coaching for a couple of years prior to being hired on as the wide receivers coach.

]I trust that AD Currie to make a good hire.

And hope that it is not Jon Gruden.

Last edited:
Mullen would not be my first choice but I could roll with it if that is the best UT can do. IF hired here, DM should be able to recruit to UT easier than MSU. IMO Mullen does not get enough credit for the job he has done at MSU. Would be a solid hire.

The job at Miss St is as easy as every other job in the league - yes or no?

You know, for MSU being such a tough job, it doesn’t seem like Mullen is in too big of a rush to leave anytime soon.

Seems to me he enjoys getting raises & extensions for getting average results. That crap may work at a school like MSU but UT’s expectations are far more higher. Mullen has been there for 9 years now. I mean he’s had plenty of opportunities to leave for other jobs but declined. Maybe he realizes that he has it made at MSU and doesn’t want to go anywhere else where they demand higher expectations?

We’ve been through 5 years of mediocrity under Butch and I’d be damned if UT hires a coach who’s maybe two steps above better than what we had.

Let me ask you this Fade. Do you want to be National Title Contenders again or do you just want to win 8-9 games every year and go to meaningless Bowl Games?

Sorry, but didn't Cam Newton play at Auburn after his juco days? My sincere apologies if I'm mistaken...

Should we talk about your fan boy in Gruden without Dungy's players. Not a very impressive resume.

Took the Raiders to the playoffs two years prior to going to Tampa. And why didn't Dungy win with Dungy's players in Tampa? I'm not convinced that Gruden would be great in college but to say he didn't do much and won with someone else's players is ridiculous.

I like Mullen hire guy does more with less every year but you gonna get sliced up for sulporting him vol atio wants gruden and Norvell and frost cause they've all proven they can win at high level....smh....didnt you know

Took the Raiders to the playoffs two years prior to going to Tampa. And why didn't Dungy win with Dungy's players in Tampa? I'm not convinced that Gruden would be great in college but to say he didn't do much and won with someone else's players is ridiculous.

Plus I get so sick of hearing people say "Well he won with Dungy's players." No he didn't! Those players were NOT "Dungy's" players! Pro players aren't recruited by the head coach the way they are in college. They are drafted and the reality is, the head coach has very little say in that. Draft picks are determined by and large by the team owners/GM's.

I have concerns with hiring Gruden but the actual coaching, the X's and O's, and game preparation isn't part of that concern.

Imagine never beating Bama, winning a conference title, losing games you’re supposed to win, you get that with Mullen just like Butch.

He coached 11 seasons and was 14 (edited) games over .500 that does not scream good coach to me. Jeff Fisher made the playoffs and he only has a career 8 games over .500 and he's regarded as the most medicore out there.

Last edited:
Sorry, but didn't Cam Newton play at Auburn after his juco days? My sincere apologies if I'm mistaken...

Cam Newton was Tebow's back up at Florida his freshman year before getting busted for stealing a laptop.

You know, for MSU being such a tough job, it doesn’t seem like Mullen is in too big of a rush to leave anytime soon.

Seems to me he enjoys getting raises & extensions for getting average results. That crap may work at a school like MSU but UT’s expectations are far more higher. Mullen has been there for 9 years now. I mean he’s had plenty of opportunities to leave for other jobs but declined. Maybe he realizes that he has it made at MSU and doesn’t want to go anywhere else where they demand higher expectations?

We’ve been through 5 years of mediocrity under Butch and I’d be damned if UT hires a coach who’s maybe two steps above better than what we had.

Let me ask you this Fade. Do you want to be National Title Contenders again or do you just want to win 8-9 games every year and go to meaningless Bowl Games?

I'm not Fade but my answer would be that yes I would love to win NCs. But In the meantime I would love to not get blown out 89-7 by Bama and UGA in one season. I would also like to not lose 3 games to Florida in 4 years that we should have won by 10+points.

Reactions: 1 person
Mullen is a terrible coach. Mississippi State is the easiest and best job in the SEC and he can't get it done there.

DO NOT WANT!

(sarcasm for those who, well... you know who you are)

Mullen is a good coach.

However...

Mullen is lazy, doesn't recruit, doesn't push the school to improve the facilities and is happy making a butt-ton of money with zero expectations.

VN Store

Back