Report: Dan Mullen has interest in the Tennessee job

Of course he does. Just like Saban had interest in the Texas job after Mack Brown. Saban landed a big raise based on that interest and stayed put.

Reactions: 9 people
I bet he does.....

Going to continue selling my SEC championship game tickets for 14 more years I guess...

Reactions: 5 people
From the article:

“(Dan Mullen) doesn’t sit there like fans of Tennessee will tell you and think, ‘well, Tennessee is a lot better than Mississippi State’ – not in Dan Mullen’s eyes,” Landry said. “If Tennessee is able to do the things Mississippi State is not able to do, he’s in. But what is Tennessee willing to do?”

Ask not what Tennessee is wiling to do for you; but what you're willing to do for Tennessee.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23 people
Great! I wasn't on board with a Mullen hire for a very long time. I am on board and think it would be a very solid hire.

Just need UT interested in him.....

Make this happen before Florida hires him....

Reactions: 2 people
If Coach Mullen doesn't go to the gators, I think he stays in Starkvegas. I have heard that Miss. State is willing to up the ante.

Report: Dan Mullen, I mean Jimmy Sexton, has interest in getting a raise from MS State for his client.

I’m fine with that. He’s making 4.2 a year. UT needs to offer him 5.5. See how much MSU is willing to spend on him. My worry is we’ll offer him 4.5 and MSU will happily match it. This is like poker when an agent is using another school to get a coach a raise. UT needs to go all in to force MSU or any of these other schools to match us or fold.

you think state has the money to offer mullen a big raise?

Everyone in the SEC has enough money. The question for Mullen is does he want the professional and personal stability that would exist in Starkville or does he have to move to a "better job" to achieve his personal goals?

Report: Dan Mullen, I mean Jimmy Sexton, has interest in getting a raise from MS State for his client.

This is why they hire Sexton. ADs can't tell if interest is legit. More likely than not trying to exact another lbs of flesh from MSU. This us why sitting P5 don't move much. This is why it's like 80 percent chance we end up with Norvell, Morris, or Schiano or lower P5 like Durkin.

Reactions: 1 person
Report: I have no interest in Mullen. Aim higher UT, much higher.

Mullen is a younger and much better version of Cutcliffe. He is a more experienced and battle tested version of Tom Herman. State is a hard school to recruit to and I’m sure if Daj pops up he’ll point out that almost every SEC game he wins is against a team with more talent.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back