Prayers needed

BJWeeks

really worried about my dad. He is really struggling with anxiety and depression lately. he was in Vietnam and VA not helping too much. seems like a common thing with Vietnam vets. Something I will never understand. He is trying to come off some meds but having bad withdrawals. Im juat really worried about him. Prayers can fix everything

Reactions: 45 people
Your dad and your family are in my prayers. I will also put you all on the prayer list at the church where I serve as pastor. ~><>

Reactions: 1 person
My uncle was in Vietnam has he suffers from PTSD to this very day. Stay by his side as much as you possibly can and constantly remind him that he's needed, loved, and valued. Stay strong brother.

Reactions: 3 people
May The Lord God bless and strengthen you father.

Prayers sent

On a side note, Venlafaxine can be really helpful with people struggling with anxiety, depression, and mood.....among other things. This medicine is unlike many narcotics and usually works wonders.

God can do anything; however he requires us to also do our part. Your father needs to see his DR someone needs to go with him to explain what is going on. I would ask the doctor about the medicine I stated and see if it may help your father.

Also if he has headaches this could help as well. This is not a headache medicine but I have had severe migraines for many years and my neurologist is now trying this combined with other stuff and it works. This is kind of new for treating headaches but has been showing tremendous success in many people.

Last edited:
I don't post on here too often as you all are much better educated than me on the Vols, but this subject I have learned a little the past year.

First, I thank my lucky stars I was a lottery kid and one year too young to go (as I was a freshman at UT at the time). Over this past year, I have been working in Vietnam - both in the North and the South. They don't talk about the war, but it's still everywhere - and very haunting. Last week I went to a couple museums in Hanoi that really tore me up and left me wondering many things.

I can also tell you, firsthand, that the veterans there, like here, suffer from the same thing. Specifically, I have gotten to be friends with a number of North Vietnamese in Hanoi who tell me the stories of their own PTSD. This was a horrible period of both of our histories and there are many scars that have not and will not heal anytime soon. The good new though is they don't hate us and actually welcome us as business partners now.

I don't know how to help with the VA, but if he ever wants to talk, I can be there for him. My prayers go out to him and you - good luck

Reactions: 3 people
May The Lord God bless and strengthen you father.

Prayers sent

On a side note, Venlafaxine can be really helpful with people struggling with anxiety, depression, and mood.....among other things. This medicine is unlike many narcotics and usually works wonders.

God can do anything; however he requires us to also do our part. Your father needs to see his DR someone needs to go with him to explain what is going on. I would ask the doctor about the medicine I stated and see if it may help your father.

Also if he has headaches this could help as well. This is not a headache medicine but I have had severe migraines for many years and my neurologist is now trying this combined with other stuff and it works. This is kind of new for treating headaches but has been showing tremendous success in many people.
thank you

I don't post on here too often as you all are much better educated than me on the Vols, but this subject I have learned a little the past year.

First, I thank my lucky stars I was a lottery kid and one year too young to go (as I was a freshman at UT at the time). Over this past year, I have been working in Vietnam - both in the North and the South. They don't talk about the war, but it's still everywhere - and very haunting. Last week I went to a couple museums in Hanoi that really tore me up and left me wondering many things.

I can also tell you, firsthand, that the veterans there, like here, suffer from the same thing. Specifically, I have gotten to be friends with a number of North Vietnamese in Hanoi who tell me the stories of their own PTSD. This was a horrible period of both of our histories and there are many scars that have not and will not heal anytime soon. The good new though is they don't hate us and actually welcome us as business partners now.

I don't know how to help with the VA, but if he ever wants to talk, I can be there for him. My prayers go out to him and you - good luck
thank you

He has been to Dr. and physically he is healthy as a horse but he just wants to believe otherwise.

As Christ touched and healed those when he was present on earth, I pray he heals this burden from your father. Prayers are being lifted up.

VN Store

Back