Hyams on 104.5 Nashville Radio

BigPoppa

Everything Will Be Aight
Says absolutely no Tampa meeting occurred yesterday. "Ridiculous" and "nonsense". Says Gruden may listen to Tennessee before saying no.

Says the names he hears are Frost, Norvell, Mullen. Says Fuente is out because of a big buyout but then turns around and says Campbell is in play. Also Dave Doeren.

Source told him one of the previous has been interviewed but wouldn't tell him who.

Says nothing is leaking from the UT AD.

Reactions: 1 person
Says absolutely no Tampa meeting occurred yesterday. "Ridiculous" and "nonsense". Says Gruden may listen to Tennessee before saying no.

Says the names he hears are Frost, Norvell, Mullen. Says Fuente is out because of a big buyout but then turns around and says Campbell is in play. Also Dave Doeren.

Source told him one of the previous has been interviewed but wouldn't tell him who.

Jimmy is an idiot. The Radio of radio.

Reactions: 21 people
Hyams says a prominent booster says no hire before December 7th. Jimmy thinks it happens sooner.

Reactions: 2 people

Then how does he know?

Reactions: 9 people
If Currie said everything you hear not coming out of my mouth is speculation, how does this idiot know anything?

Reactions: 4 people

That list that Jimmy gave makes me want to vomit

Jimmy kind of contradicted himself by saying nothing is leaking from the UT AD, then I would ask how he knows whether a meeting in Tampa did not happen and how does he have these names of candidates?

Reactions: 1 person

If we are passing on a guy because of his buyout, that does not bode well for our search since Fuente is the best coach of that group listed.

Reactions: 3 people
Jimmy gets so worked up it's almost like he personally dislikes Gruden.

He's a LSU fan who hates the notion of Tennessee hiring a great coach.

Why do people in Knoxville give guys like Jimmy Hyams that are fans of other teams such a large platform?

I wouldn't listen to his radio show if he paid me. I would rather support a VFL like Jayson Swain.

Hyams was spot on with the CBJ timeline.

No he wasn't. I was watching the Sports Source Sunday with him on there and he was clueless about the fact Butch Jones was about to be fired while he's on the show. It took a national guy like Bruce Feldman to break the story.

Jimmy Hyams only knows what he's told. And he's only told something when an agenda is being advanced. Obviously the people at UT wanna get the Gruden story back in the genie bottle considering it'll be 10 days before any coaching hire is officially announced.

So even if Gruden has already agreed to be the next head coach and signed a contract, he can't be announced until the Sunday after the Vandy game. So that means the need for an agent of misinformation. And that just happens to be the dimwitted Jimmy Hyams.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back