Jimmy Hyams debunking Grumors

I'm not on the Gruden bandwagon, but Jimmy Hyams is about the worst sports 'journalist' in Knoxville. And that's saying something.

Reactions: 25 people
Jimmy is completely debunking what was reported widely earlier today about all the travel and meetings. See his latest tweet less than an hour ago

Jimmy Hyams (@JimmyHyams) on Twitter

There is a ton of irresponsibility going on one way or another

Lol. Jimmy is right there with about half of this forum. Hoping he is right so everyone else is wrong.

Reactions: 3 people
The same Jimmy Hyams that two hours before the news of Kiffin’s hiring broke said he wasn’t a serious candidate?

Reactions: 29 people
Serious question because I am aware of Hyams but not entirely familiar with "the body of work".....

What he has be been absolutely right on? And what he has totally been wrong on?

I just saw a post where he was dismissive of the Kiffin hire shortly before it went down. Is that accurate?

Serious question because I am aware of Hyams but not entirely familiar with "the body of work".....

I just saw a post where he was dismissive of the Kiffin hire shortly before it went down. Is that accurate?

He's usually right. But that's a perk of someone who never goes on any limb that could be described as even slightly flexible.

He was also wrong about the black jerseys and was really really butthurt over it.

Reactions: 2 people
Hyams needs to debunk that he is Helen Mirrens stunt double and dresses as a woman speaking in British accents in his spare time.

Reactions: 3 people
He gets a lot of criticism on here for being wrong but he very seldom is - the one example is the black jerseys - and he was wrong, but that was a decade ago. He is very defensive about that and he obviously hates being wrong, to the point that he doesn’t go out on a limb for much. The fact that he is so adamant about Gruden makes me believe there is some validity to it. If nothing else, he absolutely believes that Gruden isn’t coming.

How was he butt hurt?

Because he had heard the uniforms were going to be worn and he asked about them. He was told they weren't going to be used. He was pretty ticked about it and made it clear when talking about it. He looked like a moron. UT gave the scoop to someone else if I remember correctly. It was almost like they set him up in that situation while giving the truth to another reporter. I think it was Heather Harrington that got the scoop.

Because he had heard the uniforms were going to be worn and he asked about them. He was told they weren't going to be used. He was pretty ticked about it and made it clear when talking about it. He looked like a moron. UT gave the scoop to someone else if I remember correctly. It was almost like they set him up in that situation while giving the truth to another reporter. I think it was Heather Harrington that got the scoop.

Yeah one of football players she was friends with on Facebook or something posted a picture of the Jersey or something.

VN Store

Back