Breaking the law in Knoxville is acceptable if it involves Grumors

Type Orange+

🍊
Breaking the law in Knoxville is acceptable if it involves Grumors

DOxAHcYUQAAGQ67.jpg

Twitter

Reactions: 37 people
I cant stand people who drive while looking at their phone. Might as well be driving down the road with your eyes closed. When im out on my motorcycle and I see people driving while on their phone I make sure to get away from them asap.

That being said...

Gruden to The Hill!!

Reactions: 10 people
It's on Twitter, must be true.

Blatantly not true. And if it was why the **** would you admit to driving distracted? If my time in Knoxville has taught me anything.. its that local blue collar people like Cops often don't give a **** about TN as they basically grew up in its shadow and have dealt with drunk fans on game days for far too long.

Reactions: 2 people
Incorrect, its illegal in almost all states.

I wasn't incorrect at all. I said as far as I know which means anything outside what I know can't be introduced to counter it.

Furthermore, the topic was reading a website on the mobile.

You are absolutely incorrect that it is illegal because the law bans reading a name to text, selecting a name to text or sending a text message while the vehicle is in motion.

Those have to do with sending or receiving text messages and NOT merely reading a website.

So taking your eyes off the road for 3-5 seconds doesnt interfere with driving?

The 3-5 seconds is your own invention so that's just a strawman designed to "test" and not anything that I said.
You only read into the statement what you wanted to and nothing that I actually said.

I specifically said merely reading a website is not illegal.

Reading a name for the purposes of texting is NOT reading a website.

To think 4 people liked you getting testy with me just because they wanted me to be wrong. Too bad for you losers though because I was right. Now like that.

Reactions: 1 person
I wasn't incorrect at all. I said as far as I know which means anything outside what I know can't be introduced to counter it.

Furthermore, the topic was reading a website on the mobile.

You are absolutely incorrect that it is illegal because the law bans reading a name to text, selecting a name to text or sending a text message while the vehicle is in motion.

Those have to do with sending or receiving text messages and NOT merely reading a website.

Brah..you're wrong.

https://law.justia.com/codes/tennessee/2010/title-55/chapter-8/55-8-199

I'll keep it simple, don't use your phone while operating a vehicle. A cop isn't going to say "Oh you were reading a website and not a text? Carry on!"...If we roll with your logic watching netflix is ok while driving..

I already had the Justia link at the ready to post. The first section A stipulates each section is to be interpreted in the context of sending or reading messages while the vehicle is in motion. I'm not wrong.

You can keep it simple and say don't use your phone while operating a vehicle, but that would simply be incorrect. There are legal and acceptable times you can use your phone while operating a vehicle. Just one example is blue tooth wireless and another example could be while stopped at a red light.

If it was illegal to read the website at any time while operating a vehicle, then why would the officer encourage the driver to keep the reading of the website while operating his vehicle at the red light?

Did the officer tell this driver to do something illegal?

Of course not. He told him to limit the reading of the Grumors to the red lights because using your phone while operating a vehicle in that way isn't breaking the law.

Anyone want to help me rob a bank to help pay for grudenÂ’s salary?

If ambitious students in the department of computer science wished to form a team for the Salami Slicing Project, amassing enough to handle the salary would be worthy of an A in any Professor's grade book.

VN Store

Back